Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2009, 11:08 PM

Re: Do you like where you live?

It looks so peaceful there too......
Lou
UK
Lou is female  Lou has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2009, 08:50 PM

Lovely views Thanks for sharing x
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2009, 09:10 PM

Nero is the second picture of the loch ... Loch Lubinaig? sorry if spelt wrong
Sue
Calismum
Scotland
Calismum is female  Calismum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2009, 10:14 PM

Well, we are one and a half miles up a single track road. We have a hill farm and I just feel so lucky. Loads of space to walk dogs and roam about in. Fantastic views and plenty of space.

Bit tricky sometimes getting down to the viliage in winter but I can live with that. Unfortunately our village is not brilliant. One decent pub restaurant, a hairdresser and a few shops.

I hope never to leave here but of course, perhaps when older and unable to drive - who can say.
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2009, 10:30 PM

I live in much the same kind of place CM....we have a store and a postoffice...But are surrounded by farms and open fields, love it...
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2009, 07:39 PM

CM and Moli that is my dream but sadly will probably never come to pass but we can dream can't we... You are so lucky I hope you both enjoy many years where you live...
Sue
Jan
Scotland
Jan is female  Jan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2009, 09:35 AM

Not so keen on where we are just now. Its the first time I've lived somewhere with no view except more houses. However its very easy to get of Falkirk and there are lots of nice places round about
joy
New Member!
Somerset, UK
joy is female 

05-09-2009, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Vicki ->
I live in Croydon, which is fairly built up. ..
I, too, used to live in Croydon - Addiscombe actually. Lived there most of my life until we moved to Somerset in 1967.

I now live in a place called Street. It is a large village which encompasses a place called Clark's Village which is a shopping outlet. I live in a small local stone cottage - don't ask me to post any pictures as I only joined yesterday and never been on a forum before and having enough trouble trying to work out how to read things. My elder daughter has got me this far but returns home to Hampshire later today - help! Once she has gone, you might never hear from me again
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2009, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by joy ->
I, too, used to live in Croydon - Addiscombe actually. Lived there most of my life until we moved to Somerset in 1967.

I now live in a place called Street. It is a large village which encompasses a place called Clark's Village which is a shopping outlet. I live in a small local stone cottage - don't ask me to post any pictures as I only joined yesterday and never been on a forum before and having enough trouble trying to work out how to read things. My elder daughter has got me this far but returns home to Hampshire later today - help! Once she has gone, you might never hear from me again

You'll be fine Joy, everyone here will be on hand to help if you are stuck with anything

After all, we all had to start one time, didn't we? Now you can't keep us off these darned computers!!!
cathy
essex
cathy is female  cathy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2009, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by angieh ->
Whilst I like my home and garden I am afraid that where I live may not be our last home. There are no shops within walking distance and no public transport. The neighbours are nice enough - on good terms, but not over friendly. If we did not drive, we'd be stuck and have to rely on taxis. We've been here 14 years. Currently it's fine - MIL has her own bed sitting room and en suite; but I can see a time in the future if and when OH and I are on our own when we would want something smaller and with a smaller garden. If anything happened to OH, I would definitely want to move.
we lived in a village in hampshire for a short wile. the locals where great, but it was some of the incomers who made us feel really unhappy. especially him downstairs. he looked down his nose at my hubby because he wasnt working. not because he didnt want to but 8 weeks b4 the move he had a brain hemorrhage !!! and the horrible man downstairs didnt beleive us. he used to get to our mail and open it.
was so glad when we moved her. at the moment we love it, been here 18months so far, got a few good friends here, some where to walk the dog, but if the council get their own way they want to build new houses right where we take the dogs out.
so if that foes ahead i will want to move. if i wanted to live in the middle of a housing estate i would do.
but if i had my own way it would be a choice of 3 places.
yorkshire (west) got friends there. wales but only rural. or back where i was born scotland. but again rural.
we have done about 13 moves in 12 yrs. so know the drill pretty well by now.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top