Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2015, 08:10 AM

Have you ever missed taking the best photo ever?

I say this because I missed one of the best photos ever
I could have taken the other week on my way to
Manchester airport for my holidays
We were driving along the M42 towards Manchester and
it was about 5am so it was still gloomy but the moon
was one day off being a full moon.
As we were going over the Pennines you come to a dip
in the road and just as we came over the brow of the
dip the moon was at the other end of the road. Exactly
on the end of the road we can see
It looked like we were going to the moon and not to
Manchester airport.
It looked really massive and by the time I could get
my camera out and ready we then went down another
dip and when I had my camera ready it had gone
by the time we got to the top again.
What a shame and I will remember that scene for the
rest of my life as the one that got away.

Anyone else had that problem
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2015, 08:35 AM

Re: Have you ever missed taking the best photo ever?

I have Sandra. Once, when we were on holiday at one of the Austrian lakes, we walked down to the lakeside after a thunderstorm and there was a rainbow over the lake with a ferryboat going away from us right underneath the rainbow. With the mountains in the background it would have made a wonderful photo but I didn't have my camera with me.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2015, 09:34 AM

It sounded a lovely image Sandy My camera is rubbish so rarely used and I have had that feeling many times.

Last week when I took Chloe out late at night the sky was an amazing sight one mass of stars and I would have liked to have captured it.

Luckily someone else did and posted it in the local paper

http://www.malverngazette.co.uk/news..._over_Malvern/
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2015, 09:35 AM

One I will regret for ever...on safari and we suddenly came across a leopard lying across a fallen tree. For a few seconds (seemed like hours) nobody moved, the leopard just lay there looking at us. Our safari guide signalled us to take photos and I´m sure I got some really good ones before the leopard left the lot and disappeared into the undergrowth. We then carried on to the safari lodge. After breakfast next morning we set off again to our next destination but on arrival there I had no camera, I´d left it in the dining room of the safari lodge we stayed the previous night. Despite contact with the safari lodge there was no sign of my camera, gone forever. No doubt the next group of tourists had picked it up, I left it hanging over my chair, it certainly wouldn´t be the staff at the lodge, more than their life is worth and they are checked every time they leave work. So I guess you could call that a missed shot. It is rare to spot a leopard and I´ve been kicking myself ever since. I have been on many safaris but only ever that once seen a leopard.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2015, 09:40 AM

Every time I press the button I think I have captured the perfect photo but reality hits home once I have downloaded it and realize...not this time
maursey
hertfordshire
maursey is female  maursey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2015, 09:44 AM

Gosh I enjoyed those stories. I have never experienced anything like that even though my camera goes with me all the time.
Who knows. One day.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2015, 09:47 AM

Well yes, the topless girl in the pool swimming on her back, in Kefalonia being one, but of more value the countless Kingfishers who have not seen me and perched on the end of my fishing rod, moving off at my slightest movement.
And still I don't know how to put pics on here.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2015, 10:31 AM

Like DoE Ive seen several kingfishers but they seem to know the days I dont have my camera with me and then come out to taunt me with their flashing blue colours!
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2015, 01:30 PM

Yes .It was my Sons Christening ,so we asked the wife of his God Father to take all the photos , in the Church round the font with the Vicar and God Parents and out side with all the Guest.She had bought a new Camera for the occasion ,BUT for got to put the film in !! She didnt realise till we all got home after wards ...
To say i was upset was an under statement
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2015, 05:56 PM

Oh Eliza how sad. My slowness was due to the fact I had only about 3 hours
sleep and couldn't undo my camera case in time. I had been up since 2am and only gone to bed at 11am. It was such an amazing large moon and had positioned itself right in front of us exactly on the middle of the road as to swallow us up. Luckily it didn't and we continued
to Switzerland and had a good weeks holiday

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top