Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2020, 02:13 PM

Christmas telly

OK, I know there's a telly section but this is intended to address the whole thing.
It's been

AWFUL

At least that's our opinion.

Nothing but repeats and absolute rubbish. We resorted to Les Mis (on CD) and mucho Netflix, BBC was beyond appalling though the ch4 version on the queen's speech did give us a giggle (amazing how many people who seem to have gone ape droppings about it though!). All in all OUR opinion is that this was the very worst Christmas TV EVER.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2020, 02:16 PM

Re: Christmas telly

That is why I gave up/ ceased paying for a tv license...I only stream on the tv now.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2020, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
That is why I gave up/ ceased paying for a tv license...I only stream on the tv now.
We continue to pay the license because of all the other material that the BBC provide beside the mostly awful TV service but the TV really does need to be sorted out.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2020, 02:41 PM

Todger is right. TV's offering, in general for yesterday, was bloody awful. AFAIC, the only saving grace was C4 showing the original version of The Italian Job, which I recorded to watch later today.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2020, 02:46 PM

I had just posted on what I thought was this thread, but when I looked again - it was gone.

Then I realised we've already got a Christmas TV thread in the Christmas section, and 'twas the other one I posted in. It's a bit confusing with two threads the same.

https://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=72028
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2020, 03:13 PM

Yes they scrape the bottom of the barrel to show us all the old films and repeats of shows we've seen before
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2020, 03:21 PM

After I returned home from my brother and sister-in-law's Xmas do after dropping my old mum off first, I watched Xmas Bake-Off on catch-up (how sad is that), followed by a Frankie Drake mystery before finally watching a couple of episodes of the West Wing (excellent series BTW).

No TV licence here, and judging by all the crap advertised, it's no great loss.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2020, 03:27 PM

I am not sure why l bothered to buy a TV guide as l haven’t watched anything on television, except All Creatures Great And Small That was on 22nd December and l recorded it.

Instead, l have chatted to my children via Zoom and done quizzes with them. It’s been far more entertaining than the rubbish on the television this Christmas.

Honestly, even with the hundreds of channels available these days, the content has got worse!!
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2020, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
OK, I know there's a telly section but this is intended to address the whole thing.
It's been

AWFUL
People still watch 'live' TV? How quaint.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2020, 04:02 PM

Have any of you noticed the ads? Normally (at this time of the year) there's a load advertising holidays and sales. While posting this, the ones on TV were gavascon, a mattress and a cremation service. How apt

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top