Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 05:22 PM

Re: Conspiracy Theorists

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Believe what you want Psmith, but nobody is breaking the rules in my neck of the woods so the media coverage must be selective to say the least. It's alright though, just call it a conspiracy and it will all just go away....
Same round here.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 08:26 PM

Believe what you want Psmith, but nobody is breaking the rules in my neck of the woods so the media coverage must be selective to say the least. It's alright though, just call it a conspiracy and it will all just go away....
Unfortunately they do around here although this past week since some supermarkets have clamped down I'm not seeing them. The social distancing round here is dreadful, even when I took my dad for his covid injection and these were the elderly! Obviously some were but many weren't. Why are you saying the media is lying about it? You should see the comments on facebook groups the amount of people who refuse to wear one, they are only wearing one now because they will be refused entry.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Unfortunately they do around here although this past week since some supermarkets have clamped down I'm not seeing them. The social distancing round here is dreadful, even when I took my dad for his covid injection and these were the elderly! Obviously some were but many weren't. Why are you saying the media is lying about it? You should see the comments on facebook groups the amount of people who refuse to wear one, they are only wearing one now because they will be refused entry.
I'm not saying the media is lying Lion Queen, and I know there are certain groups who flout the rules. But the media always seem to project the worst possible scenario, which I believe are the minority. I'm sorry to hear your experience with your Dad LQ, but people round here actually jump off the kerb when they see me approaching......Of course, it could be for some other reason....
Don't do facebook LQ.....I do do twitter though and there are those who think that the whole thing is just a big conspiracy, but I don't follow those nutjobs...
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 08:52 PM

I'm not saying the media is lying Lion Queen, and I know there are certain groups who flout the rules. But the media always seem to project the worst possible scenario, which I believe are the minority. I'm sorry to hear your experience with your Dad LQ, but people round here actually jump off the kerb when they see me approaching......Of course, it could be for some other reason....
Well we all know the media sensationalizes, it sells papers and gets viewers but hopefully one day the flouters will see sense and then they won't be able to say it lol.

I wouldn't jump off the kerb if I saw you approaching more like you'd run a mile if you saw ME approaching haha.

Seriously though, the experience with Dad was a bit worrying but I looked after him best I could.

I really do think some people forget, like I did right at the beginning last March when that bloke in the fish shop queue wanted to kill me, don't know if you remember that, he went way over board and that was a pretty frightening experience indeed.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Well we all know the media sensationalizes, it sells papers and gets viewers but hopefully one day the flouters will see sense and then they won't be able to say it lol.

I wouldn't jump off the kerb if I saw you approaching more like you'd run a mile if you saw ME approaching haha.

Seriously though, the experience with Dad was a bit worrying but I looked after him best I could.

I really do think some people forget, like I did right at the beginning last March when that bloke in the fish shop queue wanted to kill me, don't know if you remember that, he went way over board and that was a pretty frightening experience indeed.
I doubt that very much Lion Queen......You strike me as a very thoughtful, selfless and sensitive person..... And yes I do remember your altercation with the knobhead, he wouldn't have been so brave with a bloke.....

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top