Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
W99
New Member!
London, UK
W99 is male 

22-04-2021, 10:19 AM

Can't bend down in the mornings!

Hello all. I'm new to the group and turned 50 in February.

I'm finding it more and more difficult to bend down to put my socks and pants on in the mornings. It's almost as if my waist will only bend to a certain point, and then it won't go any further! It only happens during the first half hour of the day after I get up, and then as the morning progresses, I can bend further and further down. By lunchtime I have no issues at all.

Does anyone know of any supplements (or even medication) that I could take to help? It's not hugely significant, it's more of an inconvenience than anything. Is it normal at our age?

Thanks in advance for any replies.
PooBear
United Kingdom
PooBear is male  PooBear has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2021, 02:25 PM

Re: Can't bend down in the mornings!

I bought a sock putter onner -er, so now I can put on my socks without bending at all.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2021, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by W99 ->

I'm finding it more and more difficult to bend down to put my socks and pants on in the mornings. It's almost as if my waist will only bend to a certain point, and then it won't go any further! It only happens during the first half hour of the day after I get up, and then as the morning progresses, I can bend further and further down. By lunchtime I have no issues at all.

Does anyone know of any supplements (or even medication) that I could take to help? It's not hugely significant, it's more of an inconvenience than anything. Is it normal at our age?

Welcome to OFF W99 and join the club - it's called getting old when you have problems putting your socks on in the morning.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2021, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by W99 ->

Welcome to OFF W99!

It’s time think about including some stretching into your morning routine and get those joints moving Dare I say - yoga

Alternatively, you could get braces and put your socks and pants on in stages as the day progresses. I don’t think anyone will notice as I see most young men with their pants well below the waist and hips - it’s a wonder how they keep those pants up midway - worth a shot
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2021, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
Welcome to OFF W99!

It’s time think about including some stretching into your morning routine and get those joints moving Dare I say - yoga

Alternatively, you got get braces and put your socks and pants on in stages as the day progresses. I don’t think anyone will notice as I see most young men with their pants well below the waist and hips - it’s a wonder how they keep those pants up midway - worth a shot
I think W99 is referring to his underwear, Minx, not his trousers.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2021, 03:06 PM

50’s rather young to be having this problem . I certainly was older when I had difficulty same as yourself and I have a disc problem ,arthritic hips and spine .
So if I was youI would see your doctor to get checked up on this problem’s occurring so young . You could for instance have a problem in your spine . Don’t just assume it’s old age .

I bought a plastic gadget onto which you put your sock inside out , stand it on the floor , it has a rubber base , then put your foot into it and push slightly . Voila ! Sock is on foot !
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2021, 03:35 PM

I take Turmeric Caps find it helps a lot but not a cure.
W99
New Member!
London, UK
W99 is male 

22-04-2021, 03:44 PM

Thanks for the replies folks. Just to be clear, I'm in the UK, so 'pants' refers to underwear (rather than trousers).
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2021, 03:55 PM

As Zuleika said, you are rather young for these problems. Do you have a sedentary job, do you exercise at all, are you overweight, how is your general health apart from this? Maybe it's a lifestyle problem?

Just asking....
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2021, 04:11 PM

I would ask you for example, are you still working or early retirement? What was your job, a desk job or manual/physical? Are you overweight? eg larger than normal waist circumference and does your lower back hurt when you try to bend. Do you spend far too much time "slumped " in your chair or do you sit upright? Finally have you considered seeing your Doctor?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top