Join for free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »
RJG
UK
RJG is female  RJG has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2021, 02:26 PM

The Covid Crisis in India

The situation in India due to Covid is dire. I feel very sorry for all those people who are suffering so badly. We have given a donation via the Disaster Emergencies Committee, I hope others do the same.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2021, 02:28 PM

Re: The Covid Crisis in India

Originally Posted by RJG ->
The situation in India due to Covid is dire. I feel very sorry for all those people who are suffering so badly. We have given a donation via the Disaster Emergencies Committee, I hope others do the same.

Yes it is.

My Yoga teacher is a Hindu lady, and when she phoned for a chat a few nights ago she told me she has lost 7 family members in just over a week.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2021, 02:37 PM

It'll be a cold day in hell before I give ANYTHING. Seriously.
RJG
UK
RJG is female  RJG has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2021, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yes it is.

My Yoga teacher is a Hindu lady, and when she phoned for a chat a few nights ago she told me she has lost 7 family members in just over a week.
Poor woman.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2021, 02:49 PM

Yes it is.

That is tragic, poor woman
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2021, 03:01 PM

It's their problem, let them get on with it. India is a very rich country, which has some of the largest pharmaceutical facilities in the world. The Telegraph said on March 3rd "India, known as the pharmacy of the developing world, supplies more than 50 per cent of global vaccines and 25 per cent of the NHS’s generic drugs."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-h...d-stockpiling/

This being the case, why on earth would anyone be sending coal to Newcastle and shipping vaccines TO India? They are the main producers and suppliers for half the planet!! If India has suddenly collapsed into the state it is now it's down to utter stupidity, government incompetence and - without any doubt - greed and bribery. Sorry, they brought this completely avoidable catastrophe on themselves, so they can get themselves out of it.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2021, 03:10 PM

[QUOTE=Tachyon;2080504]It's their problem, let them get on with it. India is a very rich country, which has some of the largest pharmaceutical facilities in the world. The Telegraph said on March 3rd "India, known as the pharmacy of the developing world, supplies more than 50 per cent of global vaccines and 25 per cent of the NHS’s generic drugs."

This being the case, why on earth would anyone be sending coal to Newcastle and shipping vaccines TO India? They are the main producers and suppliers for half the planet!! If India has suddenly collapsed into the state it is now it's down to utter stupidity, government incompetence and - without any doubt - greed and bribery. Sorry, they brought this completely avoidable catastrophe on themselves, so they can get themselves out of it.[/QUOTE]

But it is the ordinary people who are suffering at the hands of the powerful ones, surely.
I bet the ones in power have had their vaccines!
RJG
UK

28-04-2021, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
It's their problem, let them get on with it. India is a very rich country, which has some of the largest pharmaceutical facilities in the world. The Telegraph said on March 3rd "India, known as the pharmacy of the developing world, supplies more than 50 per cent of global vaccines and 25 per cent of the NHS’s generic drugs."

This being the case, why on earth would anyone be sending coal to Newcastle and shipping vaccines TO India? They are the main producers and suppliers for half the planet!! If India has suddenly collapsed into the state it is now it's down to utter stupidity, government incompetence and - without any doubt - greed and bribery. Sorry, they brought this completely avoidable catastrophe on themselves, so they can get themselves out of it.
What an unpleasant post. Their Government is no worse than our present one, with Boris as PM!
Tachyon
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2021, 03:20 PM

But it is the ordinary people who are suffering at the hands of the powerful ones, surely.
I bet the ones in power have had their vaccines!
That was partly my point - the rich, with their greed and bribes, are at the front of the queue. They'd rather manufacture and ship doses to half the planet and make a fortune, rather than use it in their own country. Anyone fondly imagining that donated vaccines and medical equipment will get to be used by the general populace would be naive in the extreme.
Tachyon

28-04-2021, 03:23 PM

What an unpleasant post. Their Government is no worse than our present one, with Boris as PM!
Lol, I think we can safely say we're doing better than India, and well you know it. Their government is known around the globe for its corruption and always has been, especially in India itself.

https://www.nationalheraldindia.com/...ing-corruption

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top