Join for free
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2021, 05:03 PM

Re: The Covid Crisis in India

[QUOTE=Mups;2080510]
Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
It's their problem, let them get on with it. India is a very rich country, which has some of the largest pharmaceutical facilities in the world. The Telegraph said on March 3rd "India, known as the pharmacy of the developing world, supplies more than 50 per cent of global vaccines and 25 per cent of the NHS’s generic drugs."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-h...d-stockpiling/

This being the case, why on earth would anyone be sending coal to Newcastle and shipping vaccines TO India? They are the main producers and suppliers for half the planet!! If India has suddenly collapsed into the state it is now it's down to utter stupidity, government incompetence and - without any doubt - greed and bribery. Sorry, they brought this completely avoidable catastrophe on themselves, so they can get themselves out of it.[/QUOTE]

But it is the ordinary people who are suffering at the hands of the powerful ones, surely.
I bet the ones in power have had their vaccines!
It's always been the case Mups !!
They say they are a democracy now ?
It's up to the people to change things !!
You would win your bet on vaccine recipients too!!
They say they are setting the example for the riff raff !!

Donkeyman! 👎👎👎
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2021, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
It is our problem, tragedy aside the situation is creating more variants that have already entered our shores. A pandemic is everyone's problem. We don't live in a vacuum.
We should concentrate on keeping people OUT and keeping ourselves safe. To hell with others. The only thing that might be worth doing is to send replacements for those that are crashing and burning.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2021, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
We should concentrate on keeping people OUT and keeping ourselves safe. To hell with others. The only thing that might be worth doing is to send replacements for those that are crashing and burning.
I agree with that. There's absolutely no reason for anyone to be flying in from India or any other Country for that matter.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2021, 05:45 PM

Hi

We are still recruiting Nurses from India.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2021, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

We are still recruiting Nurses from India.
We should not. Instead medical staff should be trained here on a grant that is written off at a certain %age per year. At least we would have a much higher %age with whom we could communicate in OUR language.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2021, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
We should not. Instead medical staff should be trained here on a grant that is written off at a certain %age per year. At least we would have a much higher %age with whom we could communicate in OUR language.
Hi

I agree we should train our own, but we aren't.

The Keralan Nurses speak perfect English
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2021, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I agree we should train our own, but we aren't.

The Keralan Nurses speak perfect English
We have started to but you can't train a nurse overnight; it takes time.
It will take time to replace the sheer volume of overseas-trained nurses too and that depends upon whether or not enough of our own people will consistently want to train to become a nurse.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/n...00-more-nurses
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2021, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
India is a very rich country.
Talking to my local MP a year or so ago he said there are more billionaires in India than there are millionaires in Britain.
What’s that got to do with 326,477 new cases and 2,826 deaths in India today .
India may well have more millionaires than the U.K. however it has many more millions of people than the U.K.
Would any country suffering the most dreadful pandemic not expect help and advice .
Would you not expect help in what is the worst crisis since World War II should you need it? Or would you say don’t worry about me and my family I’ve got money in the bank ?
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2021, 07:14 PM

It's difficult to put it into perspective.

200,000 deaths, 1,400,000,000 population.

We know first hand how figures can be crunched by politicians and the media for sensation.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2021, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I agree with that. There's absolutely no reason for anyone to be flying in from India or any other Country for that matter.
What about those bringing us supplies of vaccine made in India? As well as all the other pharmaceuticals they export to us. I guess we could teleport them if we had a time machine into the future.

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top