Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2021, 09:45 PM

Re: Covid Unlocked

[QUOTE=swimfeeders;2084015]Hi

We have a long way to go yet to identity the source and the timescale.

We are still arguing about HIV all these years later.

For many years we had patient Zero, a Norwegian Seaman.

We now know this is wrong.

Science does not have instant answers.[/QUOTE]

Science doesn't have any answers......But thousands of amateur virologists who have interpreted what the Main Stream Media are putting out think they do.....

Let's wait and see what happens come next winter......Could be a lot of red faces knocking around.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2021, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Good Evening Meg, I hope you found the vid of Doctor John Lee helpful. I thought he talked a lot of sense, however, I have been following Doctor Campbell and love his no nonsense approach, a very clever man, and I love his masked cat sat on his windowsill.....
Hi Bob I am not sure I agree with Doctor Lee about very much, there are many opposing scientific opinions on C19 and I don't think we will get a true picture about many aspects of the Pandemic for some years.

Campbell's dog is called Winston and he changes his mask regularly
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2021, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi Bob I am not sure I agree with Doctor Lee about very much, there are many opposing scientific opinions on C19 and I don't think we will get a true picture about many aspects of the Pandemic for some years.

Campbell's dog is called Winston and he changes his mask regularly
I know what you mean Meg, there is much false information doing the rounds, not all of it intentionally misleading , but It makes it very hard to differentiate between fact and fiction.

I thought it was a black cat on his windowsill.....
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2021, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Neither do I. I came across him last year from my Covid denier friends. "we are all going to die of something" doesn't really wash with me as a reason to not take precautions with a new illness, nor does his view that old people and those with underlying conditions are expendable.

I couldn't listen to him drone on for the length of the video. it's a rambling covid-denial diatribe with half facts, muddled logic and no real focus on any specific argument. He's not an economist, he's not a virologist. Good luck to him in his post-retirement ventures.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2021, 10:47 PM

Let's wait and see what happens come next winter......Could be a lot of red faces knocking around.
why do you think there will be red faces?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

04-05-2021, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
why do you think there will be red faces?
When the vaccines haven't worked as expected Annie...

Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2021, 10:22 AM

When the vaccines haven't worked as expected Annie...

More than 500 people who received their coronavirus jabs have been admitted to hospital with Covid-19, a UK study has found.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/c...l-b932792.html

Researchers at Liverpool University said the patients had all received one dose of the vaccine at least three weeks before they were admitted.

They said the patients were largely frail and elderly, while the number of people who were hospitalised represented only around 1% of the 52,000 people involved in the research.

The report warns:

“Elderly and vulnerable people who had been shielding, may have inadvertently been exposed and infected either through the end-to-end process of vaccination, or shortly after vaccination through behavioural changes where they wrongly assume they are immune.”
The study found a total of 526 people were admitted to hospital and 113 people died in what the research team called “vaccine failures”.

Colin Semple, professor of outbreak medicine at Liverpool University and one of the study’s authors, told the Times:

“People should not be surprised about some vaccine failure. It is what was predicted. It does result in tragedy. We are all talking about the statistics, but if it is your granny it is a tragedy for your family.”
The findings were published by the UK Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies.

The authors pointed out that during the period covered by the study, December 8 to March 10, 2021, vaccinations were heavily focused on older people
So, the vaccine itself may have "worked" but the elderly recipients who were later infected may have believed, for whatever reason, that the effect of vaccination was (more or less) immediate and, subsequently, not taken "precautions" .....
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

04-05-2021, 10:26 AM

Did you see my comments on this SAGE research OGF? It's after one dose out of 52k or 56k of people vaccinated with one dose during a time when infections were peaking. 113 died. It was measured since the start of vaccination in Dec.

That doesn't demonstrate that efficacy of the vaccination programme at reducing deaths is poor. They will have to see what happens after two doses when the infection rates go right down. Firstly lots and lots have been exposed to the virus, secondly millions have now been vaccinated.

I have a very strong belief that the vaccine will help us get right back to normal. I may have had a very bad reaction but looking at the evidence vaccination works.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

04-05-2021, 10:29 AM

This is the original report. I'm not sure it's peer reviewed. But it does underline the importance of people continuing to isolate & being careful after the first dose.

https://assets.publishing.service.go...ion_Apr_21.pdf
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

04-05-2021, 10:30 AM

You beat me to it Omah

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top