Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 08:44 PM

Re: Watching Rome Burn

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
If people are happy with being monitored outside their homes they should be just as happy to have people watching what they do inside their homes.

A ridiculous statement .

I want as many CCTV cameras outside as are necessary
That’s how criminals are caught and deterred .
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 10:59 PM

were that true we would have eradicated crime by now...perhaps the drones will in future vaporise the crims on site. Like in the netflix series "colony"...

susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2021, 07:40 AM

Whatever or however it keeps people safe is good , I've nothing to hide so If a police drone flew over my house id probably wave hello . Our world feels more unsafe now than ever to me and a scarey place . Even our little seaside town at night is a den of iniquity in places .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2021, 08:01 AM

were that true we would have eradicated crime by now...perhaps the drones will in future vaporise the crims on site. Like in the netflix series "colony"...

We can never eradicate crime the inventive human criminal mind will always find a way but we can minimise it .
If we can’t have bobbies on the street let’s have drones patrolling and cctv cameras to help catch the b****ds.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2021, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
We can never eradicate crime the inventive human criminal mind will always find a way but we can minimise it .
If we can’t have bobbies on the street let’s have drones patrolling and cctv cameras to help catch the b****ds.
What do you suppose will happen to these bar stewards when they are caught? My view is not much. Drones are a sweetener to those who think we need more, while in reality police numbers will be slashed. The crims will end up scot free, the rest of us will be data subjects, possibly for good money too in terms of research and marketing.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

29-06-2021, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Whatever or however it keeps people safe is good , I've nothing to hide so If a police drone flew over my house id probably wave hello . Our world feels more unsafe now than ever to me and a scarey place . Even our little seaside town at night is a den of iniquity in places .
What if you were waving hello and the drone killed a flock of geese heading south?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2021, 11:11 AM

What if you were waving hello and the drone killed a flock of geese heading south?

Feathers everywhere, roast goose tomorrow, and a shed load of cars not shat on as they flew! Sound a good deal all round.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2021, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Feathers everywhere, roast goose tomorrow, and a shed load of cars not shat on as they flew! Sound a good deal all round.
I would back a goose against one of these pisswilly drones
any day ?

Donkeyman! 🤗🤗
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2021, 07:53 PM

It seems clear that the Criminals have the most powerful support.

Public resistance to recoding videos, which could secure conviction (and help with other normal facts of life - like observing someone falling over in the street).

Public resistance, also, to the penalties, for those convicted, to be severe enough to discourage doing it again.

The Legal Professionals who are heavily trained to fight off any sort of accusation, often without it ever getting to court, or to reduce the penalty if convicted. Nice money, if you can get it.
(I've suggested, before, that it ought to be criminal to represent someone who you know to have "done the job" & get the crim released!)

Most of our heat seems aimed at the Police.
Obviously they have enough people, enough technology & enough training?
I'm surprised that there is any enthusiasm left in our police!

It's a one sided game - we know that - but we let it happen! do we have enough skills to catch, document, & take on the lawyers?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2021, 08:45 PM

I'm thinking what this country now needs is a period of rule under a right wing dictator.

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top