Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2019, 09:55 PM

Re: Grief and Sadness

Goodnight Queenie, I hope you have a peaceful night.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2019, 09:57 PM

Big hugs, LQ
You know you can always tune in on here if you need someone to lean on. Take care now xx
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2019, 10:42 PM

LQ loads of sympathy to you. Sounds like you 2 had a very special relationship. Grief is just about the most personal thing that can happen to a person. I guess the most important thing anyone can say is that they are with you on it and you're not alone.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2019, 11:36 PM

I love the poem you wrote for Julia Queenie. You were blessed that you had each other. x
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2019, 11:38 PM

Lion Queen

When I lost my parents I also was in a bit of a state. What helped me was the vicar when he said" don't thing you have lost them just because they are not with you any more. They have gone to another place to be greeted by those friends and relatives that went before. Eventually you will also go and join them and all meet up forever more"
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2019, 12:42 AM

Hugs LQ

You must have some wonderful happy memories of her. Maybe worth writing some of them down to celebrate her life at this time of year.
pathfinder
scotland
pathfinder is male  pathfinder has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2019, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
My sister has been gone 5 years on 7th November and I am still suffering with overwhelming grief. I am wondering if I am ever going to get other her death.

She and I were incredibly close, and, while I try my best to get on with my life I have never been the same person since she died. I literally feel like she took a piece of my heart with her.

For some reason today I have been overwhelmed more than usual, I usually feel like I do today on milestones such as her birthday or anniversary of her death so I don't know why I am feeling as I am today.

So now I've done a stupid thing and I decided to look through my messages from her on facebook messenger to read messages between us both and the messages are so loving. Her last words on there for me was:

night Sis, Love you lots, like jelly tots
xxxxxxxxxxxx love you xxxxxxxxxxx

Why have I just tortured myself, why did I go to read the messages, especially today of all days when I'm already overwhelmed.

Anyway I've just sent her a message telling her how I will never stop loving her and to give mummy a kiss for me.

Today I'm feeling dreadfully and overwhelmingly sad. I keep thinking I'm coping then out of the blue it hits me like a ton of bricks.

It's true what they say, it comes in waves, today that wave is tidal.

I am so glad the final messages between us were so full of love.

I don't know why I'm telling you all this but thanks for listening anyway.
God Bless and help and strengthen you through your period
of grief ;
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2019, 11:55 AM

LQ, I am very sorry that I missed your post and I really do feel for you, its very hard to lose someone that you really love.

Hugs and Love to you.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2019, 12:22 PM

I feel so sorry for people who experience grief long after someone has died. I have never experienced grief and hope I never have to.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top