Join for free
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2019, 11:33 AM

Re: First Day ...

Originally Posted by summer ->
Thank heavens we are leaving....we are aren't we?

I hope so Summer, it's been an agonising 3.5 years and we need to move on.

Even I'm getting fed up of it now (yikes !).
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2019, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Thank heavens we are leaving....we are aren't we?

I'd say that remains to be seen.

Assuming Boris does form a government with a working majority, we need to ensure that he then turns the correct corner: a no-deal Brexit instead of May's deal.

We need a substantial number of Brexit Party MPs for force his hand, and certainly a minimal number of remoaner MPs from the Limp Dems, Loonies, Greenies and Scumbag Nationalist Party.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2019, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Didn't you vote in last may's european election for farage? Missed opportunity I would say.
That does-nt get rid of the commissioners Solly does it?
You have to wait till the incumbents deign to retire dont you!

Donkeyman!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2019, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
That does-nt get rid of the commissioners Solly does it?
You have to wait till the incumbents deign to retire dont you!

Donkeyman!
One commisioner will leave in januari 2020. As to boris being democratically chosen, I tend to agree with you that he wasn't.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2019, 04:08 PM

One commisioner will leave in januari 2020. As to boris being democratically chosen, I tend to agree with you that he wasn't.
Yes he was, he was elected by the membership of the conservative party and nominated by the conservative MPs.

We are now having a general election where the whole country gets to vote on which party they want to be in charge of our country.

It's completely different to the EU which has no elected commissioners, no opposition, no senate and no method of getting rid of them.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2019, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
It's completely different to the EU which has no elected commissioners, no opposition, no senate and no method of getting rid of them.
Indeed. Effectively a dictatorship.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

02-12-2019, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Indeed. Effectively a dictatorship.
It will be when they get their own army.

Now I come to think of it, Solasch keeps going on about how awful we were when the UK was an Empire and it was really evil and horrid, but fails to understand an Empire is exactly what the EU will be when Macron gets his EU army.

You have to laugh
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2019, 04:49 PM

It will be when they get their own army.

Now I come to think of it, Solasch keeps going on about how awful we were when the UK was an Empire and it was really evil and horrid, but fails to understand an Empire is exactly what the EU will be when Macron gets his EU army.

You have to laugh
Since you're so against empires, you will be happy the british empire broke down? Still crumbling, or have you recently returned the chagos islands?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

02-12-2019, 05:06 PM

Since you're so against empires, you will be happy the british empire broke down? Still crumbling, or have you recently returned the chagos islands?

I don't give a toss about Empires to be honest. You're the one slagging of the UK because of its history.

Thing is, all the countries we occupied over the years are very close friends and allies of us. Funny that ...
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

02-12-2019, 05:07 PM

Yes he was, he was elected by the membership of the conservative party and nominated by the conservative MPs.

We are now having a general election where the whole country gets to vote on which party they want to be in charge of our country.

But then again, we found a way to get rid of all the british. An achievement in itself

Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top