Join for free
Page 24 of 29 « First < 14 22 23 24 25 26 > Last »
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2019, 11:33 AM

Re: Boy, 6, 'thrown from 10th floor' of Tate Modern

So pleased to hear . The family are tucked in my heart and I'm thinking of them
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2020, 07:16 PM

Tate Modern balcony fall boy can 'now open left hand'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-51243263

His latest health developments were posted in a statement on the family's fundraising page.

"Hello everybody, One month has passed, and we are more and more tired. But our son is still in progress. He can now eat mash. We hope that he will be able to drink soon, with a straw to start with," they added.

"He cannot use his left arm but he manages to open his left hand when we ask him to do it (two or three times in a row)," they said.
They're such small steps that I long for a day when there's a dramatic improvement, say in speech or mobility, to bring cheer to the boy's family and supporters .....

Nevertheless, the news is good news .....
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2020, 01:34 PM

Very good news tho ?
Does anyone know what kind of compensation such a victim other than being a resident in the UK could be entitled to ?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2020, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Very good news tho ?
Does anyone know what kind of compensation such a victim other than being a resident in the UK could be entitled to ?
Depending on his recovery, he will need money for his care and rehabilitation in the future.
But... who do they claim from or sue? The youth who pushed him? The owners of the building? Social Services? The British Government? Or, on their own insurance if they have some?
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2020, 02:04 PM

Art we don’t know exactly who was ,if in fact anyone, responsible for the minding of Jonty Bravery that day ?
Has it been disclosed that he was in some kind of home and slipped away from carers?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2020, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Depending on his recovery, he will need money for his care and rehabilitation in the future.
But... who do they claim from or sue? The youth who pushed him? The owners of the building? Social Services? The British Government? Or, on their own insurance if they have some?
Unless it can be shown that the owners of the building were in some way at fault then they're off the hook. Same with us UK tax payers. Not our fault so nothing from our Benefit Systems. Nor HM government - aka the British tax payers, not our responsibility.

At best they might get a few sobs from the Criminal Injury Compo Scheme but that should be all.

Otherwise it's down to the parents or maybe any ongoing social care provided in their home country.

But CERTAINLY not us in any way.
Zuleika
North West UK

25-01-2020, 03:52 PM

Thanks TAT I rather thought those things myself .
I wonder if the French family had travel insurance and if so would it cover them for something like this ?
I wondered the same about the woman from America who was picked out randomly and stabbed to death in the Russell Sq area of London not all that long ago .
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2020, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Thanks TAT I rather thought those things myself .
I wonder if the French family had travel insurance and if so would it cover them for something like this ?
I wondered the same about the woman from America who was picked out randomly and stabbed to death in the Russell Sq area of London not all that long ago .
I'm surprised that any half-decent foreigners still come to this country, to be honest.
Savvy
United States
Savvy is male  Savvy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2020, 08:03 PM

When my kids were that age, they were never out of my or my wife's sight or reach long enough to someone to toss them off of a roof.

The parents must shoulder part of the blame. The 17 year old needs to be tried and an adult and put away for a long damn time, in either a prison or a mental institution, which ever is appropriate.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2020, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Savvy ->
When my kids were that age, they were never out of my or my wife's sight or reach long enough to someone to toss them off of a roof.

The parents must shoulder part of the blame. The 17 year old needs to be tried and an adult and put away for a long damn time, in either a prison or a mental institution, which ever is appropriate.
I agree.

Unfortunately, for some reason, we don't hear anything about him these days. A cover-up?

Page 24 of 29 « First < 14 22 23 24 25 26 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top