Join for free
Page 9 of 505 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 109 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2020, 10:21 PM

Re: Chinese Coronavirus

Ok Swim, I can understand that.

But why did you think it 'interesting' about the Level 4 Laboratory nearby, if you didn't suspect a link?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2020, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Ok Swim, I can understand that.

But why did you think it 'interesting' about the Level 4 Laboratory nearby, if you didn't suspect a link?
Mups, Google it. It even states that the US warned of this happening.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2020, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Tractability Mups, it is how we trace all infectious outbreaks.

You interview all affected, find out where they have been, who they have been in contact with etc.

Certain common factors emerge, in this case the market.

You then test others who have been at the same place and not yet been affected and if they are incubating.

It is a standard method of investigation in epidemiology.

It is used all the time, that is how we find the location of Legionnaires Disease out and food poisoning alerts and recalls.

Something like Quatermass Swimmy? A very interesting twist to
things l think?
Heres another for you, its not a hospital they are building it is
a mass grave?
Donkeyman!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Mups, Google it. It even states that the US warned of this happening.

Can you give me the link you used please, Art?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Something like Quatermass Swimmy? A very interesting twist to
things l think?
Heres another for you, its not a hospital they are building it is
a mass grave?
Donkeyman!
That is the most unpleasant comment I've ever seen you post. If it came from a lab then it was clearly an unintentional accident because why would they seek to kill their own population? Perhaps they were experimenting on wild animals and one escaped. It must be absolutely awful to be trapped there. This is a really horrible illness because they do not understand how it spreads despite precautions. Three weeks incubation without symptoms and you can apparently spread it. Just by breathing. That is really frightening for all of us.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
All the above Keezoy has also been practised for decades by both
USA and most other successful countries? So l dont think the
chinese are peculiar in this?
I think that going back to the virus we should just take care that we
keep the outbreak isolated unlike the bushfires in ozie?
But allready we have calls to repatriate uk tourists to uk as an
emergency!!! Thus negating the effect of the chinese isolation
efforts?? IGTF!
Donkeyman!

Sure it has but not on a scale like this and not all controlled and coordinated from one central political party. There are some major qualitative differences with how China is doing it. Why don't you look at the well researched and authoritative sources of references I have offered you?..THey explain the difference..I am not pulling this out of a hat. THese will explain where I am coming from. But whatever. The thread is about the virus. I was just responding to one part of the OP. I'm not looking to hijack it. YOu are free to take or leave what I say sure. I'm just offering some reference and back up to statements I make. No more than that. I can't go and read them for you. As for the bushfires..Sorry I need you to clarify "keep the virus isolated unlike the bushfires in Australia" ...Tell me if I'm wrong but do you mean the bushfires here should have been kept isolated?..If so what do you think thousands of people from four countries have been trying and largely succeeding...to do day and night for the last 4 months? Just asking.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 12:42 AM

Hi

The market is one identifiable common factor.

The next phase is to identify how it got to the market and the Lab has to be investigated, that is just commonsense.

As for the Americans warning about it, they have experience of accidents happening in their own labs, so they are right to do so.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 12:53 AM

Here's one link to the news story Mups :

https://metro.co.uk/2020/01/24/us-wa...ntre-12114591/
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 09:41 AM

5 confirmed cases in NSW.

Poor old Realspeed he must be worried, his house value will plummet if a third of the population succumbs to this virus. Let's hope a vaccine is created soon (ssshhh! don't mention this to Realist otherwise we'll never hear the end of it.)
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 10:00 AM

Mups, l didn't have a link, l just typed in, ‘Coronavirus escaped from a laboratory in wuhan’ and various listings came up about it.

It could just be a conspiracy theory?

Page 9 of 505 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 109 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top