Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 11:14 AM

Impulse buying!

Come on - hands up all those who do/have done!

Normally - I do not - I buy whatever I have gone out to buy and that is it.

But ...

This morning I discovered (shock, horror) no bread in the bread bin, none in the freezer and - even worse - no bread flour. Slapped wrists for seriously bad housekeeping - coat on and walk to the little family bakery in the next village to buy a loaf of bread. Big mistake - they were just emptying the ovens and my flavour buds lost all sense of responsibility!

Came home with two sausages rolls, two scotch eggs, one chicken pie and one bacon/egg quiche - oh - and a small wholemeal loaf!

Wicked or what??
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 11:49 AM

Re: Impulse buying!

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->

But ...

This morning I discovered (shock, horror) no bread in the bread bin, none in the freezer and - even worse - no bread flour. Slapped wrists for seriously bad housekeeping - coat on and walk to the little family bakery in the next village to buy a loaf of bread. Big mistake - they were just emptying the ovens and my flavour buds lost all sense of responsibility!

Came home with two sausages rolls, two scotch eggs, one chicken pie and one bacon/egg quiche - oh - and a small wholemeal loaf!

Wicked or what??
No Tabby! Absolutely not.....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 11:51 AM

ST, YOLO!

Get them down you!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
ST, YOLO!

Get them down you!
Beg your pardon Arty.....
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
ST, YOLO!

Get them down you!
Definitely!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Beg your pardon Arty.....

Foxy, Have l said something wrong?

Haven’t you heard someone say to someone with a load of food... ‘Get it down you’?

Your mind is a total dirt track!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->

But ...

Wicked or what??
I am worse than that. Went into Tesco yesterday afternoon with my daughter, only wanting bananas & bread, she suggested we go upstairs & look at the clothing & other items. I came out with a top, a pair of PJ's, chocolate bars, milk, cheese, deserts & the bananas & 50/50 bread.
Should never have gone to the big Tesco.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 01:08 PM

You naughty woman SD, but I think we have all done it, especially me.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 01:28 PM

Oh blimey, I’m always impulse buying. I might say, only need bread and milk, and then spend 10-15£. Or more.

But...ooooh, they all sound delicious. Enjoy.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

27-01-2020, 02:38 PM

I am quite a disciplined shopper. Sometimes l see things like Fox’s Chocolate cookies at a good price and l put them in my trolley.
When l’ve finished my shopping l look in my trolley and l think, do l really need them? So l put them back.
I then go home and make a cake which l know won’t contain all the rubbish in shop biscuits.

I did buy a 5 litre can of Dulux Matt paint on impulse the other week. When l use it, is another story. It will probably become an ornament!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top