Join for free
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 02:09 AM

Kobe

Died today with his 13 year old daughter.

Sad.

Also his daughters teammate and a parent.

https://more.talktalk.co.uk/news/202...licopter-crash

Should be Kobe can't edit title
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 02:25 AM

Re: Kobe

This is very sad I don’t follow basketball but of course had heard of Kobe Bryant .
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
This is very sad I don’t follow basketball but of course had heard of Kobe Bryant .
Me as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qzFmnmZIrc
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 08:48 AM

I've never heard of the bloke but OK he was a famous basketball player, but I was annoyed by the news this morning as there was complete disrespect for the other fatalities. You would have thought the basketball player was the Messiah for all the coverage regarding his death, but there was little or no mention of the others that were killed, were their deaths any less tragic?
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
I've never heard of the bloke but OK he was a famous basketball player, but I was annoyed by the news this morning as there was complete disrespect for the other fatalities. You would have thought the basketball player was the Messiah for all the coverage regarding his death, but there was little or no mention of the others that were killed, were their deaths any less tragic?
Hmm. Yes Barry I have to admit that did cross my mind also. I said to my wife isn't it sad that at first at least they didn't even mention his daughter. Let alone the others. But isn't it always the way though? Remember Ayrton Senna? You may not be an F1 fan but I am. I have been to Melbourne twice for the GPrix. Love it. Ayrton Senna was a legend and his death was tragic. But who remembers Roland Ratzenburger who died on the same GP in practice?..Sad indeed.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 07:08 PM

Sad news
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex

01-02-2020, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Spot on with that.

His daughters friend of about her age was with her and was one on the nine killed.

I watch a few American News Programs and one showed a gathering of his school friends in a remembrance gathering

The commentator on the news clip said the same thing that nobody had mentioned the other 7 killed
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2020, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by barry ->
i've never heard of the bloke but ok he was a famous basketball player, but i was annoyed by the news this morning as there was complete disrespect for the other fatalities. You would have thought the basketball player was the messiah for all the coverage regarding his death, but there was little or no mention of the others that were killed, were their deaths any less tragic?

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top