Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2019, 11:00 AM

Another of bazza's brainwaves

For those who don't know I sometimes have fantastic money making brainwaves and this is the latest.

I was thinking of collecting used 5 ltr plastic milk bottles, the supermarket type, and relabelling them. Now here is the twist, i was thinking of exporting them all around the world marked up are genuine English fresh air.

Think about it, where in the world can you actually go abroad and buy English fresh air? you can't.
Bound to be a money earner and at the same time get rid of those plastic bottles.

brilliant scheme, yes?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2019, 11:17 AM

Re: Another of bazza's brainwaves

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
For those who don't know I sometimes have fantastic money making brainwaves and this is the latest.

I was thinking of collecting used 5 ltr plastic milk bottles, the supermarket type, and relabelling them. Now here is the twist, i was thinking of exporting them all around the world marked up are genuine English fresh air.

Think about it, where in the world can you actually go abroad and buy English fresh air? you can't.
Bound to be a money earner and at the same time get rid of those plastic bottles.

brilliant scheme, yes?
Oh my gosh, english air is enough to put people off for life. Welsh, Irish and Scottish air, and that of my home island is worth having, but definitely not the air of that other place, MEGA YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2019, 11:22 AM

Oh Dear! I think you may have stirred up a hornets nest here.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2019, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Oh my gosh, english air is enough to put people off for life. Welsh, Irish and Scottish air, and that of my home island is worth having, but definitely not the air of that other place, MEGA YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, and you're on the M25 aren't you realspeed?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2019, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Yes, and you're on the M25 aren't you realspeed?
Ehhhhhhhhhhh?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2019, 11:35 AM

if it was successful I was thinking of expanding the business to include Scottish- Welsh and Irish air. So now looking for agents in those areas to promote the enterprise
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2019, 11:39 AM

What a brilliant idea that is (not)! Export our problems with the environment and plastic pollution to another country. Additionally fill those plastic bottles with our polluted air and that's yet another problem solved!

A fantastic moneymaking scheme? I don't think so somehow!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

12-08-2019, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
if it was successful I was thinking of expanding the business to include Scottish- Welsh and Irish air. So now looking for agents in those areas to promote the enterprise
Well I would put myself forward, but my commission would be a little steep, as you would be so fortunate to have someone of my calibre on board.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

12-08-2019, 11:48 AM

i wonder if our American and Australian cousins on here would also be interested in becoming agents to sell English- Irish and Scottish fresh in their own countries.

See how quickly the business can expand?????
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2019, 11:48 AM

Fresh air for sale

https://www.theguardian.com/global/2...h-air-for-sale

It started as a joke, but now people spend a fortune on bottled fresh air. One day in early 2015, Moses Lam and Troy Paquette filled a Ziploc bag with fresh air and posted it to eBay. The bag sold at the asking price – 99 Canadian cents, about 60p – and what was at first a joke between friends suddenly became less fanciful. The pair filled another bag and posted that online, too. When the media took note, a bidding war began, and the item ended, as hot tickets on eBay normally do, with an improbable surge. It sold for C$168 (£99).

Carefully, they developed a product robust enough to survive divergent postal systems: an aluminium canister connected to a plastic mouthpiece through which customers could inhale air siphoned from remote locations in Banff, Alberta, where the pair live. Next they conducted cursory research on air pollution, and soon they identified a primary market: Los Angeles, a city at once health-conscious, plagued by cars, and susceptible to wild fires, which fill the atmosphere with toxins. “We said: ‘Let’s model this after bottled water’,” Lam told me. They named their company Vitality Air.

A few months later the company received an order for 5,000 cans, which were shipped exclusively to cities in China.

A new strategy emerged: to target the inhabitants of the world’s most polluted cities, some of whom were unable to walk 200m without inhaling damaging levels of pollutants.

There is now luxury air, cold-pressed air, mountain air, air for new mothers, air for work, for kids, for grandparents.

Start-ups in Switzerland and Australia launched similar products: canisters filled with compressed air collected from areas of outstanding natural beauty. Normally the sites were rural and marketable, locations already associated with purity, or adventure holidays: Banff, Lake Louise, Lucerne, Sydney’s Blue Mountains. There is now luxury air, cold-pressed air, 100% mountain air.

Given the actual product, most items are expensive – an 8-litre Vitality Air canister costs C$32 (£19); on average, we each breathe 6 litres a minute – but some are more expensive than others. Leo De Watts, an Englishman who coined the term “air farming” – a strategic coup at the dawn of a new industry – began to fill clip-top jars with air from hillsides in Dorset, roping his family into an outlandish collection process that involved very tall nets. In reference to Greek mythology, he named his company Aethaer. A 580ml jar sets customers back £80.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top