Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Boot
England
Boot is female  Boot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2019, 04:48 PM

Re: Pros and Cons of election result?

Originally Posted by Azure ->
Why did all the Labour MPs who blame Corbyn for dismal Election results, vote him in as their Leader in the first place?

It was obvious he is a Marxist and does not have leadership qualities.
They didn’t. I don’t think he had a lot of support from the MPs in the selection process.
Of all the candidates nominated for the Leadership Selection by Labour MPs, Corbyn received the fewest MP nominations.
It is the members of the public who have Registered as Members of the Labour Party who vote for the Leader from the choice of nominees put forward.

I believe for a membership fee of £3 you get a vote on who will be the next leader.

Corbyn’s margin of victory was said to be "the largest mandate ever won by a party leader", though no previous Labour leader had been elected with so little support from their own MPs.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2019, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Boot ->
They didn’t. I don’t think he had a lot of support from the MPs in the selection process.
Of all the candidates nominated for the Leadership Selection by Labour MPs, Corbyn received the fewest MP nominations.
It is the members of the public who have Registered as Members of the Labour Party who vote for the Leader from the choice of nominees put forward.

I believe for a membership fee of £3 you get a vote on who will be the next leader.
Yes Boot, you are correct.
But who put the nominees forward?
Boot
England
Boot is female  Boot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2019, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
Yes Boot, you are correct.
But who put the nominees forward?
Only 35 MPs, the minimum number needed, nominated him.
Some said later they had added their name to his nomination to give the whole range of choices from hard left to more centre left but did not expect Corbyn to get many votes and they never expected him to win.

If you want to know the names of those 35 MPs, they are listed in this link - no prizes for guessing who is at the top of the list!
She probably was one of the very few who wanted him to Win!

https://www.independent.co.uk/news-1...-10406527.html
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2019, 08:29 PM

Only 35 MPs, the minimum number needed, nominated him.
Some said later they had added their name to his nomination to give the whole range of choices from hard left to more centre left but did not expect Corbyn to get many votes and they never expected him to win.

If you want to know the names of those 35 MPs, they are listed in this link - no prizes for guessing who is at the top of the list!
She probably was one of the very few who wanted him to Win!

https://www.independent.co.uk/news-1...-10406527.html
I should imagine that the majority of Labour Party members have since changed their minds about who they'll vote for next!

Shame about that link. I can't read it because I don't subscribe to the 'so called' Independent - and wouldn't want to! I haven't seen it, of course, but I assume that one Miss Abbacus was at the top!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2019, 08:54 PM

So t cost me a not insignificant few squid but never before have I been relieved to lose a wager!
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2019, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
When was that.

Might befor Some one like you joined this forum
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2019, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I should imagine that the majority of Labour Party members have since changed their minds about who they'll vote for next!

Shame about that link. I can't read it because I don't subscribe to the 'so called' Independent - and wouldn't want to! I haven't seen it, of course, but I assume that one Miss Abbacus was at the top!
The link buggered me up too JBR, thanks for supplying the missing
name,( or should l say link?)
Donkeyman!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2019, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
The link buggered me up too JBR, thanks for supplying the missing
name,( or should l say link?)
Donkeyman!
I don't know who it was. I only assumed!
It might have been Lady Nugee.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2019, 09:47 PM

Ive just thought of another pro, we wont have to listen to the
the poisen dwarf shouting ORDER any more!
Donkeyman!
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2019, 11:28 PM

Corbyn’s margin of victory was said to be "the largest mandate ever won by a party leader", though no previous Labour leader had been elected with so little support from their own MPs.
I have heard this comment several times over the past 12 months or so -

That many people have taken advantage of the Labour Party's £3 membership to join so they can vote for a suitable leader - but suitable for whom?
Many of those members are not Labour supporters at all; quite the opposite in fact, and they have chosen Jeremy Corbyn not because he is the best leader on offer, but because he is the worst
They do this, setting up a long term Trojan Horse, in the hope and expectation that their choice would ultimately and eventually lead to their desired result, as shown on 12 December

After all, £3 is a small price to pay to keep Labour in a minority, and it explains why Corbyn had a large support from members, but only the minimum from Labour MPs

The Labour Party have obviously not twigged that when they boast that they are the biggest political party in Europe, all is not what it seems

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top