Join for free
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2020, 07:07 PM

Re: So What Now With Huawei Being Awarded G5 Access

I can't say I am thrilled at the prospect of the Chinese having a hand in our telecommunications infrastructure even less so in our nuclear power .

I feel the government is trying to hedge its bets here giving a small stake in 5G to Huawei to keep the Chinese happy while at the same time hoping not to upset the US and 5 eyes too much.

I read some time ago that Huawei Mobiles hope to overtake Apple as the phone of choice for many which can't please the USA .

I wonder if we are buying time, an interesting item from Tobias Ellwood on the news at lunchtime throwing down the gauntlet to some of our close allies to collaborate on a joint solution to provide 5G for all of us in competition with the Chinese.

I have to laugh at the 'ambition', some of us have trouble getting 3G
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2020, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

5G is essential to improving productivity, an area in which we are woefully behind even the French.

Boris wants to steal a march on our competitors in this respect.

It is the USA which considers it a security threat, not our Security Services.

We do not have the manufacturing infrastructure to build our own, neither do we own the patents.

I know what 5G is...

We can deploy Eriksson 5g it's just more expensive.

I take it you haven't heard the warnings from MI5 the USA Australia etc or read my post from may last year on the subject ?

And by the way, our productivity declined because of cheap immigration of labour.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2020, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I know what 5G is...

We can deploy Eriksson 5g it's just more expensive.

I take it you haven't heard the warnings from MI5 the USA Australia etc or read my post from may last year on the subject ?

And by the way, our productivity declined because of cheap immigration of labour.
Hi

I doubt you do know what 5G is for, you have stated in an earlier post today that it will mostly be used for sharing videos.

As for the warnings from MI5 and GCHQ, which you posted before you edited your post, so what.

Neither GCHQ or MI5 are the responsible agency for Cyber Security for Mobile Telecoms.

The security for these is managed by the NCSC, an agency which very few are aware of.

They have access to all Huawei stuff here in the UK and oversee it.

You can read their redacted report here.

https://assets.publishing.service.go...eport-2019.pdf

In short, we have full access to the coding, know every flaw and every access point.

This allows us to monitor everyone trying to spy on us, what they are looking for and any attempt to cause the systems to crash.

Exactly what we want.

We would have to start from scratch and spend years identifying the same with Ericsson.

We where not allowed Apple phones at work, for security reasons.

Trump is playing games, this has nothing at all to do with security.

I know naff all about IT, I did however have some brilliant staff who did.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2020, 08:29 PM

Hi

I doubt you do know what 5G is for, you have stated in an earlier post today that it will mostly be used for sharing videos.

As for the warnings from MI5 and GCHQ, which you posted before you edited your post, so what.

Neither GCHQ or MI5 are the responsible agency for Cyber Security for Mobile Telecoms.

The security for these is managed by the NCSC, an agency which very few are aware of.

They have access to all Huawei stuff here in the UK and oversee it.

You can read their redacted report here.

https://assets.publishing.service.go...eport-2019.pdf

In short, we have full access to the coding, know every flaw and every access point.

This allows us to monitor everyone trying to spy on us, what they are looking for and any attempt to cause the systems to crash.

Exactly what we want.

We would have to start from scratch and spend years identifying the same with Ericsson.

We where not allowed Apple phones at work, for security reasons.

Trump is playing games, this has nothing at all to do with security.

I know naff all about IT, I did however have some brilliant staff who did.
Trump and the Septics are right about network security.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2020, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Trump and the Septics are right about network security.
Hi

Your level of knowledge is what?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2020, 09:04 PM

Hi

Your level of knowledge is what?
More than sufficient.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

28-01-2020, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
More than sufficient.
Hi

Then you have no knowledge at all.

Such is life.

Feel free to post my name and address.

That should be fun.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2020, 09:27 PM

Why do we need 5g and in what way will it improve productivity? Does anyone know the answers?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

28-01-2020, 09:28 PM

Hi

Then you have no knowledge at all.

Such is life.

Feel free to post my name and address.

That should be fun.
A few days ago you questioned my academic background.

I responded with a "skinny CV".

Just check it out.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

28-01-2020, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Why do we need 5g and in what way will it improve productivity? Does anyone know the answers?
5g substantially increased the amount of traffic that can be carried by the global network and so increases accessibility between Node Termination points.

From that all things will emerge, many not yet developed of even invented. It's an enabling technology.

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top