Join for free
Page 4 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2020, 10:36 PM

Re: So What Now With Huawei Being Awarded G5 Access

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Most people now want to access the internet on their smartphone while on the move Annie, things like sat nav and live traffic reports etc, but Todger should have also mentioned things like video coupling from your home cctv system, and turning lights and heating on remotely. Hospitals use the internet to transmit a patients stats from the ambulance while on route, It's all going to need a system that can handle the increase.
I see. So this is about increasing and maintaining capacity as part of the move to being 100% reliant on mobile technology. But from what you said earlier it isn't up to the task if it has less flexibility.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2020, 11:03 PM

Interesting times, post Brexit, so many dilemmas.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2020, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Are they trying to move us away from reliance on the landline old phone network and move us totally to the mobile network? Because I thought it was going the other way with a big push on increasing high speed cable laying in areas that were missed by the original NTL installations back in the 90s.
Maybe, because the quest for high-speed broadband in each home (a promise made by all political parties) via fibre/cable is too disruptive when it comes to installation, and in remote areas it is damned nigh on impossible.

5G promises the speeds of cable BB but without the damage to the environment. It's just a question of time whether it will work out that way.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2020, 11:11 PM

When you get older, speed is less important.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

28-01-2020, 11:12 PM

Is 5g like the G Spot.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2020, 11:28 PM

In rural villages like where I live it's a struggle to receive 4G. If it was not for wifi allowing the calls to 'piggy back' broadband, mobiles simply could not be used. Before being advised to change the SIM card in my mobile to a 4G card, as that 'might make a difference', I could make and receive calls on 3G without any problem. Since changing the card calls are a nightmare at times. The reason is that the transmitter, just half a mile from my home, is a 3G transmitter. This one, according to my provider, will perhaps one day be upgraded to 4G, nobody can tell me if and when, meanwhile I get a good deal on the package cost. Mostly it's a good service away from home, so I just accept that whichever provider I change to I live in 'The Third World' so the problem will be the same.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2020, 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
In rural villages like where I live it's a struggle to receive 4G. If it was not for wifi allowing the calls to 'piggy back' broadband, mobiles simply could not be used. Before being advised to change the SIM card in my mobile to a 4G card, as that 'might make a difference', I could make and receive calls on 3G without any problem. Since changing the card calls are a nightmare at times. The reason is that the transmitter, just half a mile from my home, is a 3G transmitter. This one, according to my provider, will perhaps one day be upgraded to 4G, nobody can tell me if and when, meanwhile I get a good deal on the package cost. Mostly it's a good service away from home, so I just accept that whichever provider I change to I live in 'The Third World' so the problem will be the same.
It does seem as though this is all planned like an incomplete patchwork quilt. There are more security threats in the haphazard and fragmented way everything is structured than in one company or another.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2020, 07:04 AM

Hi

The advantages of 5G

https://www.iotsworldcongress.com/ad...l-benefit-iot/

Locally, Harper Adams University are developing systems reliant on 5G which will automate many aspects of farming and greatly reduce the need for immigrant labour.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2020, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The advantages of 5G

https://www.iotsworldcongress.com/ad...l-benefit-iot/

Locally, Harper Adams University are developing systems reliant on 5G which will automate many aspects of farming and greatly reduce the need for immigrant labour.
Blimey Swims, that really is science fiction coming to a town near you.....
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2020, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Blimey Swims, that really is science fiction coming to a town near you.....
Hi

Science Fiction rapidly becomes Science Fact.

Remember your mobile 5 years ago to what it is now?

My lights go on and off when I enter or leave a room, same with my heating.

My watch automatically calls an Ambulance when my heart rate goes wrong.

Guy is epileptic, when he has a seizure his watch sends a message to the NHS with his location.

This is the future.

Page 4 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top