Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2012, 11:59 PM

Re: absolutely fuming

Originally Posted by ukmartian ->
I got 2 calls today 1 from a job agency ..but unfortunately i didn't qualify for the job on offer and another one from the BBC....A couple of months ago I replied to a story they ran about the Jobless figures falling ....The have replied to my E mail and may well do a article and interview about the plight of us older UN-employed ...i don't know if i will do it cos i am a ugly bugger...but if things carry on like this i may well get a job by then ...I have applied for 2 more today....should i do it or not ????I may get a job out of it ....
Steve I would do it too, it can't do any harm and may even get you an interview .

Good luck whatever you decide to do. I feel sure your determination to find a job will pay off eventually...
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2012, 07:27 AM

I got 2 calls today 1 from a job agency ..but unfortunately i didn't qualify for the job on offer and another one from the BBC....A couple of months ago I replied to a story they ran about the Jobless figures falling ....The have replied to my E mail and may well do a article and interview about the plight of us older UN-employed ...i don't know if i will do it cos i am a ugly bugger...but if things carry on like this i may well get a job by then ...I have applied for 2 more today....should i do it or not ????I may get a job out of it ....
YES YES YES, it shows initiative anything you can add to a CV go for, what can you lose.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2012, 07:31 AM

Yes Steve matey, go for it - who knows a prospective employer may just see you and decide you're the one person S/he wants to employ. Good luck matey!!!
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2012, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Yes Steve matey, go for it - who knows a prospective employer may just see you and decide you're the one person S/he wants to employ. Good luck matey!!!
If you do go for it contact the local newspaper, prospective employer might see that too. All publicity is good publicity, makes you remembered.
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2012, 09:18 AM

I am moving this to a thread ....it has diverged slightly from "fuming" ...I am now undecided and confused on what to do ....aint life wonderful
hazel
Lancashire U.K.

01-06-2012, 09:24 AM

I am moving this to a thread ....it has diverged slightly from "fuming" ...I am now undecided and confused on what to do ....aint life wonderful
why are you confused what can you lose?? you can only gain surely, it can only help. Take the bull by the horns and Go For It.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top