Join for free
Elbee
Chichester
Elbee is male  Elbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2013, 11:15 AM

A diet that works The FAST diet

This diet is simple and actually works. Not only do you lose 1lb a day, it has also been medically proven to improve your overall health, lowering cholesterol and blood sugar glucose levels to prevent diabetis.

What you need to do is for two consecutive days a week, restrict yourself to between 500 and 600 calories a day only. For the other five days you can eat whatever you like providing you do not go above a total of 2000 calories for women and 2500 for men.

It is called the FAST diet, as you fast on two days but it also works fast too
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2013, 02:00 PM

Re: A diet that works The FAST diet

Personally if I want to lose weight I just eat every other day (except for my Weetbix in the morning), that way you don't have to worry about counting Kjs.

Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2013, 08:39 AM

What???? - no weekend fry-ups??? - I'd starve!!! Also what about my sunday roast??? Sunday isn't sunday without a good roast joint, roast tatties, parsnips, onions and carrots and a nice 'pudding' to follow.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2013, 10:07 AM

When I saw the title of the post I thought you were going to say
Dont EAT!!!!
I find I eat a good mixed food source. If I feel I have eaten maybe
too much I will do extra exercise as basically apart from eating to
keep your body working you also are eating to give you strength
to move around. If you decide not to exercise like walking, running
etc then the weight will increase. So whatever you eat make
sure you work your body into losing it through exercise.
That is my motto and I am still fit and healthy at nearly 66.
Good job that age doesnt have another 6
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2013, 10:55 AM

These fad diets come up from time to time under different names. This is a variation of the original diet - the "Eat less and you'll lose weight" diet. Not quite as snappy a title as "fast", but at least it's self explanatory.

Of course if you eat 20-25% less food you'll lose weight! If you maintain a healthy weight it will have a beneficial effect on your cholesterol, BP etc....
Hardly rocket science !

But remember - anyone can lose weight quickly - it's keeping it off is the hard part.
Elbee
Chichester
Elbee is male  Elbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2013, 11:51 AM

With this diet the weight does stay off.
The biggy is that you can eat what you like on the other 5 days, even fry-ups, roast dinners and chocs! (even horses!)
Yes exercise helps it disappear even qucker.
But eating just 600 calories or less on Monday and Tuesday is not a big deal and it is healthier than a healthy diet too - medically proved!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2013, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Elbee ->
With this diet the weight does stay off.
The biggy is that you can eat what you like on the other 5 days, even fry-ups, roast dinners and chocs! (even horses!)
Yes exercise helps it disappear even qucker.
But eating just 600 calories or less on Monday and Tuesday is not a big deal and it is healthier than a healthy diet too - medically proved!
My problem Phil is I can't exercise because of artrhritic joints and other medical problems too which causes acute breathlessness.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2013, 07:37 PM

Hang on there Elbee. In your original post you said "For the other five days you can eat whatever you like providing you do not go above a total of 2000 calories for women and 2500 for men. So go easy on those fry-ups!

My point still stands. You are simply eating less over the week. Now, I'm not disputing that this works, but I too have lost quite a bit of weight by eating less calories every day. That's the trick - eat less, exercise more and you'll lose weight.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2013, 07:44 PM

There is no secret to losing weight, just eat less, and as if by magic it will happen..

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top