Join for free
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Anzac
South West UK
Anzac is female  Anzac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2015, 02:23 PM

Re: Sympathy vote

Having had electioneering for weeks it sounds like we now have to have the post -mortems and recriminations ad infinitum! Cameron's smug speech had echoes of Thatcher's unity speech when she first became PM. It's going to be a grim 5 years for a great many of us.
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2015, 02:26 PM

iam sorry for nigel 'but there has to be a winner in all voting 'hope david can keep he's promises'and look to a easier future for us all ... but glad clegg has gone ...
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2015, 04:09 PM

Good grief! What on EARTH is Sam Cam wearing!
From the front she's got no middle, and when she turns round from the back she looks like a council worker!!
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2015, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
There are a few I am glad to see the back of and won't shed any tears for including Balls and Miliband.

Labour needed a good clear out to get rid of all those tainted by Brown and Blair.
Originally Posted by toffee ->
iam sorry for nigel 'but there has to be a winner in all voting 'hope david can keep he's promises'and look to a easier future for us all ... but glad clegg has gone ...
I agree with both of the above.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2015, 04:23 PM

Riots?

Well if you want a decent roof over your head that doesnt leak , heating and electric supplied all your laundry done for you and 3 meals a day (medical/religious diets catered for) and prompt health care..

Make sure you join in these riots cause lots of damage and get put in prison for a couple of years.. Soon prison will be a better option than nursing homes or sheltered housing, if it isnt already..
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2015, 04:50 PM

What will we want?
More food banks.
When will we want them?
Soon.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2015, 04:53 PM

Now the dust is beginning to settle I can say what bothered me about the parties.

Millipede kept on and on about "working people".

Working people includes everyone who works for a living and is therefore a not-very-crafty way of getting away from Labour's original working class origins; if you want a North London-based party Ed, that's what you got and you lost all the support that your forefathers worked bloody hard to secure!

UKIP were to me a way of making a political statement that said "Sod the Labour Party and the Conservatives, I want to be heard for once!"

I didn't want another Conservative Government and I didn't want another Labour Government either - they're both as bad as each other BUT I hope that Dave will not wriggle out of a referendum over the EU or "do a Maggie" on this - we need to be able to make a vote on it without the manipulation and disinformation from the Pro-EU politicians.

I don't hold out much hope for the ordinary people in this country now for another 5 years as I believe that the Conservatives do not represent anyone below Middle Class, despite Dave's assurances.

Maybe he actually believes his own rhetoric.

If I remember rightly, so did John Major..............

Finally, watch out for the Property Tax going up dramatically and a repeal of the Hunting with Dogs; they are Conservatives in charge now. stevmk2
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2015, 06:05 PM

Well I'll all come out in the wash. All the promises made. We'll all be one big happy family . NOT!
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2015, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Victors Mate ->
No my sympathy is for those who will really suffer the poor, the low paid, the sick, the disabled and the vulnerable.
My first thoughts too, they will be the ones who will pay for it.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2015, 07:55 PM

By the way, bit late now, but forgot to tell you before. When I went to vote, no one told me till afterwards, that one of the local Labour councillors on the voting slip was not even in the running. The reason was, the Police have just done him for fraud!
The delighted blue-rosette-wearing man on the door, who told me, grinned.
I said in that case, why was his name still on the voting slip? He said it was too late to take it off and reprint the papers.
I said if that were so, they should have told people as they gave out the voting slips that one of candidates on the list shouldn't have been on it.
... He just shrugged ...

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top