Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2015, 03:11 PM

Re: Swarm

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
Shirley, it's called cost cutting. I expect soon they'll save time and space by removing the 'Great' from Britain.

Sorry to say there's a lot of elderly communists around. We used to have one on this board who wanted to do a 'Guy Fawkes' and blow up parliament. I wonder how he's keeping these days?
He is doing okay elswhere, still the same.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2015, 04:50 PM

Good to hear.. We were as far apart politically as possible, but I liked him and took much of what he said with a large pinch of salt.
BDR44
Gwynedd North Wales
BDR44 is male  BDR44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2015, 04:55 PM

Communists ? Who are they ? I'm a Separatist myself.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2015, 08:43 PM

People can play the "human rights" card as long as they wish, but the fact remains that many of these people at Calais are not fleeing war torn countries, many of them are leaving their own countries in the hope of being given free money in UK, many no doubt are criminals, but they have all managed to find their way to Calais and now I read that 70% of them are getting there too. I have no doubt that many of them are uneducated or very poorly educated, and no Iīm not talking about the doctors, teachers and other professional people who come to claim asylum, somehow or other I very much doubt they are among the rabble (sorry if the word upsets you) causing havoc and threatening lives and livelihoods at Calais port. Cameron says they come because there are jobs ! What jobs? What jobs are available for uneducated people, many of whom have never even lived in a house with plumbing and electricity and whose idea of going to the toilet is to squat in any convenient place.

Of course we all feel sorry for them, but then we feel sorry for many people in places such as Africa and India, to mention only two, who still live in abject poverty but over the years despite billions of pounds being given for various projects, what has changed? Nothing, and it wonīt.

Where are all these immigrants going to go when they reach the UK? My guess is London, they all know about London wherever you go in the world.
Iīm no politician but I have travelled in some of these countries and I have lived in East Africa and I have been in many African villages and townships and I do know that the majority of poor people want nothing more than to go to England where they have heard life is good and they will be given everything they want. I think England should be very afraid right now unless some drastic action is taken.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2015, 10:01 PM

Loretta, you've said everything I think and feel. I was going to say you speak for a lot of people but then there will be someone here jumping up and accusing me of speaking for them!

My part of London has changed dramatically and not to my liking. We have people urinating in our communal gardens in full view of anyone walking past, using our bin shed area as a toilet, coming in to raid our bins of anything of value 'any metal?' is what is asked.

I walk down my market (the longest street market in Europe) and struggle to hear English spoken. They don't know how to queue at bus stops. I hear TB is prevalent in a part of East London where there is a high Asian population.

When I see these people tearing down fences, climbing into lorries of whatever make or description, and spoiling food intended for our shops, threatening police, lorry drivers or anyone in authority, brandishing missiles, knives, or other weapons, saying we want to go to England because you will give us jobs, money, houses, you English are nice people, or even saying it's their RIGHT to settle in England...do I want them in my country, or living next door to me?

NO I DAMN WELL DO NOT!!
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2015, 10:55 PM

I feel for you Jazzi, truly I do, it must be quite scary for you. The plain fact is that they all want to get to UK because of the "free everything" for them, including being given money. Of course they have hard lives in their own countries but like it used to be, probably still is, in the UK, the young people donīt want to stay in their villages tending cows and goats, growing vegetables etc, they want everything they see people in countries like UK have. They want designer clothes, the latest phones etc and they think they will get all this in UK without having to do anything. African extended families will hold harambees, sort of parties where they all give money for a specific reason, i.e money for someone to get to UK in the hope that that someone will then be sending them money back every week, or month.

The ones who leave countries on those boats we are always hearing about, well they must have money to pay the traffickers. They land in Italy, or Spain, or wherever, where they will be safe, but do they stay there? No, they then head off to try and get to UK, now just why would that be?

Many of these "immigrants" travel long, long distances under extremely difficult circumstances getting the women pregnant along the way. One man reporters spoke to said it was good to get the women pregnant because "who can refuse entry to a pregnant woman or a woman with small children".

I guess the majority of people who speak about the plight of these poor people, the humanity side of it, etc etc, are those who know the immigrants will not be going to live near them in large numbers forming their own societies and their own ways of life. Iīm as humanitarian as anyone else, I am not racist, Iīm just a normal person who wouldnīt wish harm to anyone, but I can see that if UK lets in any more of these immigrants UK is going to become an even more lawless and frightening place for many people than it is now.
Only a few weeks ago a friend of ours who lives in Wakefield and who works shifts told us he is getting afraid to drive to work late at night these days. Not long ago he was driving to work when a gang of "immigrants" blocked the road and demanded money from him, on the wall at the side of the road was painted in big white letters "Whites get your passports out".

I freely admit that I would be scared to live in any city in England. I donīt know what is going to happen re this Calais business but I think itīs very scary that so many have got into UK, they will never find them, all in all itīs a frightening situation.
psmiddx
London
psmiddx is male 

05-08-2015, 12:40 AM

Is it not right to call it that? They are 'swarming' or the potential as this is a big problem and going to get bigger, especially unless 'dare-I-say-it' 'drastic' action will only curb it, if it can be curbed with current Refugee legislation, EU or UN-wide??? But then, isn't that part of the issue? Resolving is in reforming or coming out of it. (Dare I say that also?).
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2015, 07:39 AM

Last week I tried to stop two EEs last week coming in to our bin shed area. One slipped in past the side open gate while his companion, a huge burly thing, just continued to walk towards me and my outward palm as if I weren't there, which I found intimidating. I said 'go away please, you're not allowed here .'

'No metal?' Is all I got. They looked, and off they went. With their mob rule and lack of understanding (no you know enough!!) they treat you as if you weren't there, because they are determined to rake through all your rubbish for something to sell.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2015, 11:38 AM

I have always argued for support of asylum seekers (half my extended family came her like that) but this is not what we are seeing now. I do feel very much for the children but if people cannot abide by the rules to enter the country what hope is there they will abide by our laws if they get in ??

I do think we need to send the army in to man these border posts, and make it safe for the lorries and coaches it is very unfair they are being left to fend for themselves in this dangerous situation.

We also need to address safety in their own countries and find a way as part of the rest of the world to make it better they return home peacefully and stop this madness.
Old Supporter
Bedfordshire UK
Old Supporter is male  Old Supporter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2015, 02:23 PM

Julie1962,
Absolutely agree with all you say. Unfortunately I doubt if the army will be allowed to do it though.

Arthur

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top