Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 02:21 PM

Re: Surgery for Sutcliffe

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
Im surprised he is so well looked after considering what he did. He eats the best steak most days i bet there are many senior citizens that haven't seen a steak for years let alone eat steak most days. I maybe wrong but it just seems so wrong to me that people like Sutcliffe are treated far better than our elderly medical treatment when they need it with no hanging around, good food a gym to keep fit all free if i want to go to the gym it costs me an arm and a leg!!
Big wide screen tv's and much, much more.
I would want proof of that most prisoners would also like to see steak it's a rarity in prisons. And would a wide screen TV really make anyone jealous ? when they have their liberty taken away and have to live with the knowledge they killed people.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 02:21 PM

Meg wasn't it inhuman what he did to those women? So why reward him with a cushy life ok he's locked up big deal he was probably a loner anyway so being locked up probably does not bother him one bit. I just cannot make people out going on about depriving him of medical treatment would bring us to his level so what if it does. This nutter is being treated far better than a lot of innocent people and it just is not right.

Such as cancer patients not given the drugs they need because of the cost etc etc
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I would want proof of that most prisoners would also like to see steak it's a rarity in prisons. And would a wide screen TV really make anyone jealous ? when they have their liberty taken away and have to live with the knowledge they killed people.

Many come out and do the same thing again, so doesn't wash
Anyway I'll leave you to it
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
[/B]
Such as cancer patients not given the drugs they need because of the cost etc etc
Presumably he is being treated on the NHS and will also suffer from the cut backs like anyone else. It's a base and nasty society that doesn't treat it's prisoners fairly.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 02:43 PM

Think about the prison officers too. The few who have to keep the many calm or risk getting set upon. I'd think they have to be at least humane (including allowing medical treatment when necessary) and provide interests/pastimes for prisoners in order to avoid that.

All televisions are widescreen now. They need to of a fair screen size for viewing in larger rooms
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 02:43 PM

Meg maybe it would be hell for you but there are a lot of people out there that would sooner be locked up eating steak than sleeping on the streets whats freedom to them?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

05-10-2015, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
Think about the prison officers too. The few who have to keep the many calm or risk getting set upon. I'd think they have to be at least humane (including allowing medical treatment when necessary) and provide interests/pastimes for prisoners in order to avoid that.

All televisions are widescreen now. They need to of a fair screen size for viewing in larger rooms
That's a good point actually, if it keeps the officers safe then almost anything is worth trying.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 03:12 PM

Meg maybe it would be hell for you but there are a lot of people out there that would sooner be locked up eating steak than sleeping on the streets whats freedom to them?
Doc , if anyone wants to swap places with a prisoner locked in a small cell they are welcome. I would rather have a cold cow shed without heating or steak .
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 04:15 PM

I have always said if I find myself old and cold needing care that I am being deprived of Im going to set fire to a town hall or tax office ..

That way I will get locked up be sure of a warm roof over my head, three square meals and medical attention/treatment.
It comes to something when we treat criminals better than we do our elderly..

oh and I have family working in the prison service so yes I do know...
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 04:37 PM

My Father was a military prison officer. Fair, firm and sometimes sympathetic I think was his way. I don't know if the same works for a civilian prison officer.

I'm not sure I'd like to be in a prison when I'm older. Treated well by the staff and hopefully adequately medically looked after but you just wouldn't know who you'd be in there with. Some of the young and youthful don't always respect age and infirmity.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top