Join for free
Page 4 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 08:59 PM

Re: The KEY points of Cameron's EU deal are up for debate.

Cameron will use his favourite phrase, "What we have done blah, blah, blah" Whenever he's asked anything, he avoids answering so we'll never know what he really achieved.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 09:14 PM

The powers that be will never let us break away from the EU.

As with General Elections, the notion that you have a choice via voting is nothing but an illusion.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
The powers that be will never let us break away from the EU.

As with General Elections, the notion that you have a choice via voting is nothing but an illusion.
Come on realist, please don't think like that as you are being rather defeatist.
If the vote is for OUT, then Cameron will dare do nothing less than carry out the will of the people.
Well, he heffing better had!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
With 28 member states all with different benefit systems, this one new ruling alone is going to be very difficult and costly for our DWP to enforce.
I understand from previous discussions I heard it will cost so much to administer the new ruling, no savings will be made.
Rubbish - all the DWP staff have to do is get the claiment to get the opposite number in his home country to send the DWP a list of child benefits paid in local currency and then send the sterling equivalent. it's so simple even a school kid could do it.

I can't understand how this fiasco has been allowed to continue for so long. The difference in cost of food between England and Poland is huge. I know for an absolute fact that one child benefit at UK rate when sent to Poland or Czech Republic will allow the mother to pay for running a car, having a mobile phone, TV subscriptions, plus buy clothing, food, and drink, for herself and the child.

I know that what you heard is not from someone who has lived in one of these East Eurpean countries and it is not correct.

A pensioner in Czech Republic gets 12,000 Crowns per month, that's about £320, to cover food, clothing, transport, rent, electricity and heating, and all the other things, also water if they are lucky enough to be on a mains water supply. Nearly everyone has just the basic state pension, virtually no pensioner has any other form of income. (You can thank the communists for that.)

It's just political bulldozing to say it will be costly and not save any money. If the DWP employee is politicall motivated they can make it look that way and maybe some do, this is after all 2016 not 1916 and the thought that government civil servants are not poitical has gone out the window some years ago. The enemy within is hard at work diseminating false statistics for the masses to listen to as they are brain washed by the media (Oh it was on TV so it MUST be true )
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I don't know whether I'm right but as it's based on the standard rate of the other country , recipients in Germany and a couple of others will actually get paid a higher rate of Child Benefit than British people do.
Sounds mad to me.
No I don't believe you are right. My understanding is that the DWP have been paying the going rate for a child in the UK

As I said above (and I have personal experience and loads of food receipts to back it up) cost of living in Poland or Czech Republic is way below UK

And how many German men are working in UK and claiming benefits
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Losos ->
Rubbish - all the DWP staff have to do is get the claiment to get the opposite number in his home country to send the DWP a list of child benefits paid in local currency and then send the sterling equivalent. it's so simple even a school kid could do it.
Rubbish yourself Losos all this faffing about 'sending the sterling equivalent'' and if we manage to save a few pounds (and I doubt it, administration will gobble up any savings) anything we might save pales into insignificance against the massive amount of money some of it ours that disappears due to EU corruption and money 'lost' by EU commissioners.

I don't want to save a few pennies, I want to see our taxpayers money spent in this country not going to support the gravy train that is the EU.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk

20-02-2016, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Mr. Armstrong foretold of a unified states of Europe 80 years ago as Europe lay in ruins after World War II. “[A] United States of Europe was as certain as the rising of tomorrow’s sun,” the Plain Truth proclaimed in 1970.
No he was wrong, it willbe another 80 years at least.

USA / USE
Language 1 (English) 28 (2 English)

Laws 1 (federal) 28

Police 1 FBI / 28 (State only)

Taxes State & Federal / Only state

Currency 1 (The $) / 5 / 6 (Inc Euro)

Standards Central / Diverse (Don't all drive on the same side )
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 10:25 PM

''The farce of the EU travelling circus''

This alone should make any sane person think twice about remaining in the EU
perhaps the most outlandish of the European Union’s excesses; a £130 million travelling circus that once a month sees the European Parliament decamp from Belgium to France.
Over the course of the weekend, some 2,500 plastic trunks will be loaded on to five lorries and driven almost 300 miles from Brussels to Strasbourg...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...ng-circus.html
Apparently the Parliament decamps for just 4 days a month.
So much money wasted on bureaucracy and so much for saving on 'carbon emissions'
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 11:09 PM

This so-called deal is a whitewash.

He is trying to appease us into thinking 'it's not so bad let's stay in'.

I for one won't fall for it.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2016, 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
This so-called deal is a whitewash.

He is trying to appease us into thinking 'it's not so bad let's stay in'.

I for one won't fall for it.
Nor me Pats.
Nor me.

Page 4 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top