Join for free
Page 5 of 9 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2016, 06:12 PM

Re: The KEY points of Cameron's EU deal are up for debate.

Younger people will believe it better to stay, one student interviewed said her generation are the ones who will be most affected and older voters of a certain age should take that into consideration. Look to the future, not live in the past.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2016, 06:14 PM

They're the ones that will have to leave the country to find work, can't blame them!
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2016, 06:37 PM

[QUOTE=orangutan;840558]I wonder if the referendum will be a bit like the Irish one on the Lisbon treaty a few years back - wrong answer the first time, so given another 'chance' to give the right answer in a second referendum…
My cynicism inclines me towards thinking the OUT result is not allowed to be a viable option..
Figures can be manipulated I am sure, however with Gove,Whittingdale,Villiers,Grayling, IDS,& Priti Patel[who I think is a future star, incidentally] "Call me dave" and his co-horts might have their work cut out.
I suppose also he might have his eye on "gravy train". Tut Tut.
I have always been for Brexit, even more so now, I'm afraid .
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2016, 06:44 PM

This shows how much I distrust this government.
I think IDS has been planted by Cameron ( possibly offered some perk) in the NO camp, knowing how much he's hated, to put some voters off voting with him to leave.
I could be paranoid, but...
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2016, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I think IDS has been planted by Cameron ( possibly offered some perk) in the NO camp, knowing how much he's hated, to put some voters off voting with him to leave.
Hated by whom Tessa? Maybe by some yes, but that's a sweeping generalisation, I certainly don't hate him...
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2016, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Crikey-Bobs Tessa, you think so , couldn't be , but then on the other hand
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

21-02-2016, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Younger people will believe it better to stay, one student interviewed said her generation are the ones who will be most affected and older voters of a certain age should take that into consideration. Look to the future, not live in the past.
The only thing with that is that they are less likely to vote.
Unlike the older people, who seem to be on this forum quite keen on leaving.
I don"t think it is a case of living in the past , I think it is a case of trying ,as best we can,to secure the best for our Kids and G/C.
This is a golden opportunity to get away from it all IMO
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2016, 07:10 PM

You don't think there will be massive unemployment for several years at least?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2016, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
You don't think there will be massive unemployment for several years at least?
But why should there be? You scaremongers talk as if every contact we have with Europe will be immediately severed, but that would be in no-one's interest as continuity of trade is as important to the EU as it is to us.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2016, 07:30 PM

Business does not like uncertainty, I am not scaremongering.

Page 5 of 9 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top