Join for free
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2020, 06:36 AM

Can you guess ?

In 1971, Don McLean released the song, American Pie. When he sang about 'the day the music died' , can you guess what he was singing about ?

Lyrics and music on MP3. Don McLean, American Pie.
I know. Do you ?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2020, 06:47 AM

Re: Can you guess ?

The plane crash that killed Buddy Holly and Richie Vallens.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2020, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
That's the one.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2020, 07:43 AM

That is probably the worst thing about Google whether you know the answer or not, you will always be able to find out on Google anything you want to know.

I used to do quizzes on my football club forum but soon realised that I was wasting my time because all they had to do was Google the question and write it down.
Kind of took all the fun out of it.

Not saying you never knew that one Muddy just pointing out what a waste of peoples time it is to ask this type of question in my opinion.
Put it down to Monday morning blues.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2020, 08:04 AM

Yep, Google has stemmed folks requirement to retain facts, just hope us oldies have enough facts already, and we can hold onto them.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2020, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Very good. Muddy. The Big Bopper also went down with them.
"Chantilly lace, and a pretty face, a wiggle in a walk and a giggle in the talk, makes the world go 'round, 'round. 'round
Ain't nothin in the world like a big eyed girl, makes me spend my money, makes feel real loose, like a long necked goose.
Oh, baby you know what I like."
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2020, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
That is probably the worst thing about Google whether you know the answer or not, you will always be able to find out on Google anything you want to know.

I used to do quizzes on my football club forum but soon realised that I was wasting my time because all they had to do was Google the question and write it down.
Kind of took all the fun out of it.

Not saying you never knew that one Muddy just pointing out what a waste of peoples time it is to ask this type of question in my opinion.
Put it down to Monday morning blues.
I see your point Longfellow and agree. There is no fun in doing a quiz if you just google the answer. As you say..what's the point?. But I guess the whole point is it is a quiz yeah. The point is, at the risk of stating the bleeding obvious, that you don't google it. I love quizzes and me and my family go to trivia nights quite often. The policy is that people turn off their phones during the quiz. There is an emergency contact with the quiz master that is on the flyer that everybody gets with their ticket. Easy. As far as here goes, there's not much you can do if people just go to google. Hand on my heart I didn't and I'm sure Muddy didn't either

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top