Join for free
Page 11 of 13 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 >
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 06:01 PM

Re: Bad deal for fishing !!

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Thank you. So access to our financial services benefits the EU and then, presumably, they should think twice before trying to blackmail us on that account.

For the same reason, I can see no rationale why we should not stand firm in restricting access to our own waters.

I wonder on what basis the EU are holding us to ransom, or is Boris just genuinely a secret supporter or the EU?
Well, Boris won't do anything unless the pressure is on, same as any other leader. I doubt fishing is the top of his priorities at the moment either.

Still, we shouldn't be in this position anyway.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
And all this crap because l questioned the energy price rise
Bread !!! OMG!

Donkeyman! 😀😀😀
Ha ha - I know what you mean but thats the Brexit forum for you

I dunno how much I'm paying in energy prices but to be honest because Mrs Bread deals with all that.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 06:57 PM

Thank you. So access to our financial services benefits the EU and then, presumably, they should think twice before trying to blackmail us on that account.

For the same reason, I can see no rationale why we should not stand firm in restricting access to our own waters.

I wonder on what basis the EU are holding us to ransom, or is Boris just genuinely a secret supporter or the EU?
The way l understand Equivalance JBR is that our bankers etc would
like access to sell services to EU countries as they used to?
But EU is now saying, quite, rightly imo, that we are no longer
members of the club and that rules will now apply? This allows the EU
to apply pressure to Boris regarding fishing although it is not directly
related to banking ?? Do you think my mind is too devious?? 😃😃

Donkeyman! 👎🤔👎

PS, not sure why our bankers don't want rules?
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I'm not obfuscating anything whatever I do in my time has nothing to do with you or anyone else.

Unless you've got some weird obsession with me ...
I think we can all see just who is obsessed - with fishing and petitioning.

For someone so determined to try and make a point in here why can you not answer the question?

To remind you:
I'm still waiting for you to tell us how your petitioning is going.

So far it's looking like the EU are not going to budge, but we've seen them shift at the last minute before.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 07:51 PM

And all this crap because l questioned the energy price rise
Bread !!! OMG!

Donkeyman! 😀😀😀

Which instead of replying to in the correct thread you then bought here into the wrong part of the forum.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 08:08 PM

members of the club and that rules will now apply?
This allows the EU
related to banking ?? Do you think my mind is too devious?? 😃
But as Bread said, if the EU refuse to deal with our financial services, they'll shoot themselves in the foot.

I say bring it on!

And if we deny them access to our fishing areas, and it encourages them to do this, that's a win-win for us.

As I keep saying, let us leave this pointless 'deal' and convert BRINO into BREXIT!
Zaphod
Lincs UK

11-02-2021, 08:33 PM

members of the club and that rules will now apply? This allows the EU
related to banking ?? Do you think my mind is too devious?? 😃😃

Donkeyman! 👎🤔👎

PS, not sure why our bankers don't want rules?
It was perfectly obvious that our financial sector including shares trading were never going to get an equivalence deal from the moment they agreed a deal to trade Swiss shares again.

IMHO Boris & the government knew full well that equivalence would never happen after seeing how the EU has been treating the Swiss.
In financial services & banking the rules have changed but it's not made anything like the difference that had previously been suggested, because in fact the number of UK financial jobs has actually increased.
BTW it's easy enough to find out why our bankers don't want to stick to EU rules if you look.

None of this has any real bearing on fishing and while you might think they are directly linked they are not.
Fishing was included in the deal agreed.
The financial sector was not.

I don't know quite how you think that the EU can apply pressure over fishing because of financial services when we appear to have already made our stance on financial services clear?
Like I say, it must be the case too because no way would the EU deal when we have a deal with the Swiss, and that much is obvious and has been for some time.
Certainly from well before the UK/Swiss trading deal was made official.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

11-02-2021, 08:36 PM

But as Bread said, if the EU refuse to deal with our financial services, they'll shoot themselves in the foot.

I say bring it on!

And if we deny them access to our fishing areas, and it encourages them to do this, that's a win-win for us.

As I keep saying, let us leave this pointless 'deal' and convert BRINO into BREXIT!
Ignoring the obvious rubbish about your non-existent BRINO, TBH if the EU keep playing silly beggars then leaving the deal (or certainly parts of it) is not beyond the realms of possibility.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 09:46 PM

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...ewApp_AppShare
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

11-02-2021, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
I think we can all see just who is obsessed - with fishing and petitioning.

For someone so determined to try and make a point in here why can you not answer the question?

To remind you:
I'm still waiting for you to tell us how your petitioning is going.

So far it's looking like the EU are not going to budge, but we've seen them shift at the last minute before.
My petitioning is going well.

Are you happy now? Does that make you feel better ?

And the EU are going to hand over their quotas now are they ^^^ ?

Just when I thought I had heard it all

Page 11 of 13 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top