Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 09:34 PM

Re: Line of Succession

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I think Meghan and Harry may be referring to this quote.....

“As we lose ourselves in the service of others, we discover our own lives and our own happiness.”

― Dieter F. Uchtdorf
I don't believe Harry and MeAgain are serving anyone but themselves...
or more accurately, MeAgain.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I didn’t realise until l looked that little Archie is 7th in succession.
I'm willing to bet that if it came to that they would never allow it on the basis that Harry's dad wasn't really Charlie-boy.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
No, he can't just give up his position, then rock up to the throne like nothing ever happened. Once you are out, you are out. His choice. And if it were to come to pass, there would be no point in having a royal family anyway - I mean, if something terrible happened that knocked out everyone else before him.
Yea...
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2021, 12:15 PM

Agree with these comments.

https://www.express.co.uk/comment/ex...l-family-drama

History has repeated itself, 85 years later.

And the Queen has made the right decision - the only decision - to allow Prince William, when his time comes, the freedom to reign in an orderly fashion, without distractions.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2021, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I'm willing to bet that if it came to that they would never allow it on the basis that Harry's dad wasn't really Charlie-boy.
You were there were you ?
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2021, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
I have an interest in the constitutional monarchy because of the differences between your government and ours, and find it educational. There are issues, lessons, and nuances that can be learned from in both directions.

As for Harry and Meghan, I find the details around their exploits highly embarrassing to both countries. Frankly, I would prefer it if the public would lose its fascination, so those two can disappear from the radar. I don't wish them ill will, I'm just tired of them seeking attention and acting as if they have some moral authority, while complaining about the press and exploiting their positions for wealth and fame.

Just know that if you find a skiff washed up on your western shores with Harry, Meghan, and James Corden in it, it was probably me who shoved them off
well said surfer..
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2021, 12:36 PM

An aging Prince Harry looks more like his father, the same haunted expression in his eyes and now thinning hair which is darkening.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...b0594c38c57a7e
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2021, 12:46 PM

Hi
Tis all part of my masterplan to get my kids on the Throne.

Only another 47 million of you lot next to go.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK

22-02-2021, 08:30 AM

https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal...y-Royal-Family

Royal expert Hugo Vickers urged Harry to do the "only honourable thing" and "offer to step aside from the line of succession".

He said in an article for The Mail on Sunday: "As the sixth in line to the throne, it would take a catastrophic turn of events for him to be called upon as King.

"But there remains the chance, and it is only sensible that Harry and the Palace advisers at least consider the possibility.
Wonder if he will, have my doubts.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2021, 08:36 AM

Who is Hugh vickers never heard of him .

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top