Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 05:06 PM

What is the strangest gift you have ever received?

When I turned forty, a friend gave me an angel statue for my garden. I was so upset by it, but never showed that. I reminded me of a grave, I didn't like turning forty.
One Christmas I was given a wind-up salt and pepper, never used it for obvious reasons.

Have you ever been given a strange gift?
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 05:09 PM

Re: What is the strangest gift you have ever received?

Kids. Strange but lovely.......
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Kids. Strange but lovely.......
Aww, they are the best gifts Besso. xxx
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 05:28 PM

When I worked in a boarding school the girls often gave the house staff gifts when they left .
One year we all received handbags made of snakeskin, they smelt horrible and seem to have a large amount of the snake clinging to the inside of the bag

Heaven knows how they got them through customs.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 05:33 PM

One of those fizzy drinks makers, I don't even like fizzy drinks.

Or a pair of trousers size 6 I don't think they'd fit one of my legs I'm a big plus size lady also I never wear trousers
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

08-11-2018, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
When I worked in a boarding school the girls often gave the house staff gifts when they left .
One year we all received handbags made of snakeskin, they smelt horrible and seem to have a large amount of the snake clinging to the inside of the bag

Heaven knows how they got them through customs.
Ooh, that would make me cringe Meg.
What did you do with it - No don't say.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 05:38 PM

For my 50th birthday my two stepdaughters bought me fifty bottles of real ale, all different. Strange but very welcome

Every Christmas I always get presents with the slogan "Grumpy Grandad", which I've become used to by now.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

08-11-2018, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
For my 50th birthday my two stepdaughters bought me fifty bottles of real ale, all different. Strange but very welcome

Every Christmas I always get presents with the slogan "Grumpy Grandad", which I've become used to by now.
Aww you aren't grumpy, are you?

Do you want some walking salt and pepper pots Floydy?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Aww you aren't grumpy, are you?

Do you want some walking salt and pepper pots Floydy?
I'm always nice to the grandkids, Sweetie. I think it's because the word 'grandad' sort of goes with 'grumpy' I guess. "Gorgeous Grandad" sounds better

Walking salt and pepper pots? No thanks, doesn't really float my boat
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 05:46 PM

The acre plot of land on Mars, which my daughter gave me as a birthday present, is fairly unusual.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top