Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2019, 02:45 PM

Scary misleading reporting

Are our news outlets trying to scare the population ? Just this week I counted 4 stories that on first sight were random murders or acts of violence making going out seem very dangerous indeed. Then later reports say they weren't random at all and the people knew each other or it was a long running feud.

I am beginning to wonder how many of these stories are mistakes and how many are being deliberately fed to us to keep us scared ?

Governments slip scary stories out then hide things they are doing behind them.

I'd like to think it's all coincidental but I am beginning to wonder.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2019, 03:20 PM

Re: Scary misleading reporting

You mean like a deliberate "Campaign Of Fear" Julie? surely they wouldn't do that would they?!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2019, 04:19 PM

We are controlled by Big Brother, Julie and have been for years. It's only to get worse I'm afraid.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2019, 06:43 PM

Yeah controlled is the word, we are simply puppets of the government
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2019, 06:45 PM

I think Julie could be right, to a degree.. The news seems to equate from 'bad ' to 'horror' , these days. Everything would appear to be doom and gloom, with little light relief anywhere. We would appear to thrive on the misery of others, we see all the related topics on forums such as this.
We have become accustomed to horrible news, and at the same time I think its making us desensitised, and in the long term will see us all die inside.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2019, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
I think Julie could be right, to a degree.. The news seems to equate from 'bad ' to 'horror' , these days. Everything would appear to be doom and gloom, with little light relief anywhere.
We have become accustomed to horrible news, and at the same time I think its making us desensitised, and in the long term will see us all die inside.

It does seem a very depressing world. I really would like to stop reading the news but it's everywhere, everyone else tells us about the bad things, it seems there is no getting away from it
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

I think you could be right I seem to recall news used to end with a silly or funny story, not these days it's doom until the end. No one goes back and corrects anything either if they reported an error they never let you know.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

I think the reporters are so set on getting the news out first that they just give impressions of what occured and fill in the details later.
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2019, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Are our news outlets trying to scare the population ? Just this week I counted 4 stories that on first sight were random murders or acts of violence making going out seem very dangerous indeed. Then later reports say they weren't random at all and the people knew each other or it was a long running feud.

I am beginning to wonder how many of these stories are mistakes and how many are being deliberately fed to us to keep us scared ?

Governments slip scary stories out then hide things they are doing behind them.

I'd like to think it's all coincidental but I am beginning to wonder.
Maybe it was simply that they reported the attacks as news came through. And later when further information came to light they reported that.

That's how it is supposed to work!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2019, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I think the reporters are so set on getting the news out first that they just give impressions of what occured and fill in the details later.

That's true,Tessa.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top