Join for free
Page 8 of 13 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 05:52 PM

Re: Where you live.

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Forget those. North Yorkshire is where you need to be. All dry stone walls, nice Yorkshire stone-built houses, fluffy white sheep dotting the landscape of verdant green hills and gentle rills and becks cascading down the valleys.

Ee... wonder if I can get a job at the Yorkshire Tourist Board?
There's a good reason why they call it 'God's own County' Judd..
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 05:53 PM

The word 'love' is a bit strong for where I live but it's where I was born and spent my life, so I'm comfortable with it. The Surrey/Hants/Berkshire border area is mixture of town and countryside.

Woods, open heathland and a scenic canal are nearby. Various shopping centres are only a short drive away. One of them can be walked to (if fit).

Regular busses are nearby and so is the doctors surgery and hospital. Both needed as one gets older. This area is a pretty good place to live and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 05:58 PM

Let's face it......The British Isles are a wonderful place to live wherever you are...... And with 'Global Warming' it's only going to get better.....
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Let's face it......The British Isles are a wonderful place to live wherever you are...... And with 'Global Warming' it's only going to get better.....
But some places are betterthan others...

Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
200 yards up the road and I'm into open country.

200 yards and I'm in the pub!

2 micro pubs, 2 social clubs and 2 pubs all serving cask ale.

Probably about 25 different brews.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 08:03 PM

The good thing...I am 10 minutes walk from Dartmoor. The bad, it's straight upwards & a very steep hill.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
There's a good reason why they call it 'God's own County' Judd..
Nah, that's Scotland!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 08:16 PM

I don't like anything about the town where I live band only stay here because I don't want to leave Dad. The crime rate round here has become dreadful and our town is very scruffy.

However, on a more positive note here are some lovely areas of beauty a few miles from here.

I would dearly love to live in the country away from this depressing place
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 08:19 PM

I live in a good area just 1 mile from Edinburgh Castle so, yes, I'm happy with things.

This is a low crime area, there aren't even any loud, surly teenagers.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK

08-01-2019, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I live in a good area just 1 mile from Edinburgh Castle so, yes, I'm happy with things.

This is a low crime area, there aren't even any loud, surly teenagers.
I was a student in Edinburgh for four rears. Loved it. I and a couple of fellow students lived in Gillespie Crescent, not far from The Meadows. Lovely City.

Page 8 of 13 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top