Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 06:34 PM

Re: Waiting times

Just as an addendum to the posts around immigration impact to the NHS, here's a graph from Fullfact.org

Suggests immigration is not responsible for NHS woes.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Beverley in East Yorkshire mate. Nice new hospital and free parking for everyone. It's quite an affluent town and the council appear to control it very well.
I had to travel about five miles. Easy
I'm impressed. If it wasn't so far away, I'd opt to go there.

How is it that they can manage it, yet most other hospitals appear to need to make money out of motorists?
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Where on earth did you find a hospital with free parking?
Good question.
Ours is expensive and there is inevitably a long queue.
We take a taxi - costs a fiver and it gets us there on time.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 08:01 PM

I use a taxi, too - it varies with the time of day and traffic conditions but I normally spend between £8 and £12 each way. I've got 4 appointments coming up and I reckon it will cost me £70 in taxi fares. Luckily, I don't stop for a coffee and muffin. There is a bus stop but it's half a mile uphill from my house and I simply couldn't make it.

This is the part I dislike about appointments, but I have to get there and back and I'm far luckier than those travelling 40 odd miles on a rickety bus. I forget how lucky I am sometimes.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Just as an addendum to the posts around immigration impact to the NHS, here's a graph from Fullfact.org

Suggests immigration is not responsible for NHS woes.
The largest column on the right is obviously the most important. As I understand it, that is being at least partially addressed by purchasing generic drugs instead of branded ones.

Then, of course, 'wastage' could include unnecessary administrative staff of which, apparently, there are many!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 09:46 PM

It went great today by the way. parked up at the hospital (of my choice, and free parking too), waited five minutes. Quick x-ray. Done. Back home again less than 45 minutes after I set off.
If only everything in life could run that smoothly!
Where on earth did you find a hospital with free parking?
Beverley in East Yorkshire mate. Nice new hospital and free parking for everyone. It's quite an affluent town and the council appear to control it very well.
I had to travel about five miles. Easy
I'm impressed. If it wasn't so far away, I'd opt to go there.

How is it that they can manage it, yet most other hospitals appear to need to make money out of motorists?
The £19m East Riding Community Hospital in Beverley is not a full size hospital. It has only 30 beds and limited facilities. It's what most people would call a health centre - I have two within 5 miles of home. Such places usually offer free parking.

My local full-size hospital, less than 5 miles away, is a large acute hospital that treats more than 80,000 day-case and inpatients and more than 200,000 outpatients a year. Its Emergency Department is one of the busiest in the country with more than 80,000 attendances every year. The hospital has 767 beds and employs more than 3,000 members of staff. It provides a wide range of services from Maternity to Care of the Elderly, and from Cancer Services to Heart Surgery.

Car Parking Charges

0-2 hours £2.50
2-3 hours £3.00
3-6 hours £4.00
6-24 hours £6.00

The new multi-storey car park provides 958 additional car parking spaces and cost £16.4m.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Well in future you will be skyping your GP and hospital consultant.
hell fire, shoot me now
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by longdogs ->
i completely agree with you floydy.

When i moved here about three years ago, i could get a doctors appointment within two days, now, it is more like 2 - 3 weeks.

Why is that? Because they have built almost 200 new houses but have not built any new surgeries or schools. In fact the local hospital is likely to close.

Why have they built 200 houses? Because people like myself are moving further afield. Why? We all know why.

Population is everything in britain. Most of our problems are due to the fact that we harbour too many people. Even if they work and pay taxes, they are still a burden on our failing facilities.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 10:17 PM

The largest column on the right is obviously the most important. As I understand it, that is being at least partially addressed by purchasing generic drugs instead of branded ones.

Then, of course, 'wastage' could include unnecessary administrative staff of which, apparently, there are many!
It's going to be the astronomical cost of pensions for retired NHS employees who are living longer.

Technology etc is likely to be mainly new cancer treatments. They are planning to introduce CAR T therapy which changes immune cell structure so that cancer cells are attacked. Three proton beam therapy centres have been built. These cost a bit more than admin staff.

The service is being kept going by immigrants. There was an announcement on the radio today that they plan to launch a major global recruitment drive.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 10:34 PM

Beverley HOSPITAL

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top