Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Newcomer
Dorset
Newcomer is female  Newcomer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 01:35 PM

Re: Good Morning Friday !

We are so lucky with our gp service. There is a facility to book on line if you want and there's not usually long to wait. If you ring up you get put in a line if they are busy at the desk but an urgent need is usually seen that day. It is a fairly big practice with about 5 GPS as well as the nursing service so maybe that makes a difference.
I hope you get your ears sorted Floydy.
We are off out for a meal with friends at 1pm. I hope they have got the heating sorted. It was cold there last time we were there. John went to check it out a couple of nights ago but the temperature has dropped since then. If it's cold there we will give it a miss and go to Weatherspoons. Our one in Ferndown is very good and it's cheaper. Only reason we were even considering the other one is that we've got a voucher for 30%off that's got to be used by end of Jan. I will not agree to sitting eating in the restaurant if it's not warm enough though.
John is a Yorkshireman. Careful with his money!!!.
I've got my layers on.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Easier said than done. I can't just walk in and get an appointment. The earliest is 4th Feb, which I've booked. Then there is the referral to ENT which takes months. I am still on that list from last June.
I'm going to get some Otex drops which will hopefully clear it up temporarily. I'm going to have to miss the concerts tonight and tomorrow otherwise. Not happy.
What does ENT stand for Floydy.

Emergency No Treatment lol
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->

It might as well be , Ruthio.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 01:56 PM

Assuming your ear drums are not perforated you could have been using Grapefruit Seed Extract before now to kill off any infections in there in a matter of minutes.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->

I think it stands for Ear, Nose and Throat, Susie...
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 03:10 PM

Floydy how about A&E?
Tell them you're desperate depressed and stone deaf.
Lay it on thick, burst into tears, anything!!!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 03:11 PM

Good Afternoon folks.
Can't stay long.
Have a lovely day.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Floydy how about A&E?
Tell them you're desperate depressed and stone deaf.
Lay it on thick, burst into tears, anything!!!
Hi Ruthio.
Well the ear drops didn't clear anything so I rang the doc's again and got straight through!
I told the receptionist, really laying it on that I can't drive or go to work and was mega suicidal lol.
I got an appointment there and then and the doc had a look and prescribed me Amoxycillian antibiotics. She also put some cotton wool in my ears which has removed some of the drops which I ended up squirting in earlier. She's booked me back in for Monday but is wondering if my eardrums are perforated. I don't think they are, it's because my ear canals are extremely narrow that I have these problems. I've just got home again with the tablets and hopefully they will do the job. (They may even sort out my coughing issues while they're at it!).
Amazing what an impatient phone call can do!
Just hope I'm cleared out enough to see the concerts.

Thanks all ☺
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 03:37 PM

Oh, Floydy I am sorry, I never read through today.
You poor thing. Get well soon. x
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Hi Ruthio.
Well the ear drops didn't clear anything so I rang the doc's again and got straight through!
I told the receptionist, really laying it on that I can't drive or go to work and was mega suicidal lol.
I got an appointment there and then and the doc had a look and prescribed me Amoxycillian antibiotics. She also put some cotton wool in my ears which has removed some of the drops which I ended up squirting in earlier. She's booked me back in for Monday but is wondering if my eardrums are perforated. I don't think they are, it's because my ear canals are extremely narrow that I have these problems. I've just got home again with the tablets and hopefully they will do the job. (They may even sort out my coughing issues while they're at it!).
Amazing what an impatient phone call can do!
Just hope I'm cleared out enough to see the concerts.

Thanks all ☺
Good man!! Excellent news!!

Funny you should mention your tubes are extra narrow because that's always been my trouble too.
And that's why the syringing treatment eventually fails to work as any wax simply gets pushed further and further in until it becomes compacted and needs microsuction to remove it.

But we all suffer from gradual hearing loss as we get older...

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top