Join for free
Page 4 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 12:51 AM

Re: My hair.

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
May you do make me laugh.

Head is the part.
X
It takes so long to dry too.

Phew! Thank Gawd for that.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Phew! Thank Gawd for that.
Exactly. No I won't say, tempting.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Should I just let it grow, or get it cut?
Not sure what to do.
I personally don't like my hair long as I reached my 50s as I found it dragged my face down and made me look older than my years. Having it cut in a shorter style knocked years off me, I had quite a few positive comments. I never grow it now, I like looking younger lol
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 03:54 PM

Strange, I'm the opposite LQ. I look younger and better with long hair. One of my pals said I looked too severe with short hair and the length softened me..
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I personally don't like my hair long as I reached my 50s as I found it dragged my face down and made me look older than my years. Having it cut in a shorter style knocked years off me, I had quite a few positive comments. I never grow it now, I like looking younger lol
It is not that short Queeny, you have a beautiful mane. x

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Strange, I'm the opposite LQ. I look younger and better with long hair. One of my pals said I looked too severe with short hair and the length softened me..
I tried a short wig Roxy, my hubby said I looked like a dyke!

You have lovely long hair. x
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 06:06 PM

Sweetie pie - If you have a thin wrinkled face I think short hair would look best. However if you have a blooming complexion & some flesh on your bones long hair might look lovely.

How can we advise if we don't know what you look like?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

18-01-2019, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Sweetie pie - If you have a thin wrinkled face I think short hair would look best. However if you have a blooming complexion & some flesh on your bones long hair might look lovely.

How can we advise if we don't know what you look like?
I am only in my very early 50s Carol, so no wrinkles yet.
I have a heart-shaped face, so I am told, and I am blonde.
Sorry, I never post personal pics, I was badly trolled once.
It really upset me. I have long hair, but just fancied a change, and was interested in how often others fancy a change, and what they did.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 10:22 PM

Is the goal to grow your hair long?
How long did you want to grow it and why?
Is your hair layered?
What hair type do you have? Wavy is usually 2a - 2b.

What texture is it. Fine? Medium? Coarse? Thick? Frizzy?
Oily? Normal or dry hair?

If the goal is to grow your hair long then it’s healthier to grow out all the layers if you have any.
Layers can very rarely be trimmed properly since they are so staggered so every time you go to the hair dresser, you get new layers in different locations.

Growing in the layers creates thickness plus the outside layer protects the hair underneath. Once you grow your hair long enough you can learn to trim it yourself.

The best part about having long hair is that it’s super easy to care for like Rox says. Just twist a pony tail and poke a stick through. Google hairstyles for long hair. You can either buy or make your own hair accessories. Making your own is not only fun but very rewarding. Plus the great thing about putting your hair up in a bun is that it looks super sexy even if your hair is dirty. In fact, you can oil and condition your hair while being stylish at the same time.

https://m.musely.com/tips/Different-...0-days/8941917

Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 12:02 AM

Personally I go for the unkempt, bearded, rugged look. Try it
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

26-01-2019, 12:42 AM

Wow, Bratti.

W2b

Medium texture.

No layers.

No dye, natural blonde, no grey.

I usually trim myself.

I just fancied a change, but also like it long.
I think I will try some different updo's.
That is a change.

Page 4 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top