Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 08:05 PM

Re: Watch Out UK Youth.

Breaking News:

President Macron of France wants to bring in National Service for all 16 year olds. Shouldn't be a long training course.

Day 1, Morning. Learning to drop weapons safely to the ground.

Day 1, Afternoon. Learning to raise hands and wave a white flag. Home in time for tea.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Serves them right by voting to remain if they're are called up to join the EU army.
16 year olds Judd ???
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 09:58 PM

I think it is a good idea. Only thing is a month is too short a time. 6 months or even a year would be more beneficial, IMO.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 10:06 PM

It would never happen in this country, the Left, the liberals and the Snowflakes who rule this country wouldn't allow it, has for the ‘yoof’ of this country ? Not a bloody chance they will get out of their pits in order to do something worthwhile

The military needs motivated volunteers, not ‘pressed’ men and women
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 10:38 PM

Breaking News:

President Macron of France wants to bring in National Service for all 16 year olds. Shouldn't be a long training course.

Day 1, Afternoon. Learning to raise hands and wave a white flag. Home in time for tea.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
They can opt to carry out volunteer work linked to heritage, the environment or social care, which doesn't sound too bad to me.
Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Sounds like a great idea. I think I would have enjoyed that as a youngster.
I think it's a great idea too.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 10:46 PM

Breaking News:

Just spotted this reply....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 11:05 PM

Breaking News:

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Salutes compared.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	8474  
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I think it is a good idea. Only thing is a month is too short a time. 6 months or even a year would be more beneficial, IMO.
I think the first phase was to be a month, followed by a second phase of three months.

The article suggested that the whole thing was still in the planning stage, though.

I think it would be a good idea, if only to help instill some civic pride and sense of duty.
It could also give some youngsters an idea of what sort of career they might like to do.

I, too, can't see it happening here. There would be bound to be some parents who scream that it would be against their little darlings' human rights. Unfortunately, it's probably those little darlings that would need it the most.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 10:59 AM

Breaking News:

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top