Join for free
Page 19 of 38 « First < 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 > Last »
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 08:15 PM

Re: Prince Philip hurt in car crash,

Originally Posted by Omah ->
My calculations were based on misinformation .....

Prince Philip would have been facing West (away from Sandringham) to cross the A149, which runs North/South at Babingly.

The Kia was travelling south:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...not-installed/

Scroll down for diagram.
Whatever speed the South facing Kia was travelling at, it seems to me the Prince pulled out of the turning onto the main road & without due care & attention, to me anyway.

We were stuck in traffic today on our main road. Two cars involved in an accident, one a write off, by the look of it, that one was in the right lane facing the wrong direction & the other on the grass area to the side of the left lane, facing away from the road. Straight road no bends in it, so how that happened I've no idea.
We didn't hear or see an ambulance & people in both cars seemed unhurt, as they were on the grass area. The police & highway were in attendance They passed us in the queue.
It held the traffic up for ages. We were in the jam for half an hour, but cars further back from us must have been stuck for an hour or so. To be fair the police did a good job of getting the traffic moving again.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 08:20 PM

He's been seen out driving today a mere two days after injuring someone through his careless driving.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
He's been seen out driving today a mere two days after injuring someone through his careless driving.
un bloody believable. what the hell. He needs his license taken away, he's too damn old to be driving. Hell fire I can't believe this
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->

Yes. And what's more, on tonights news, it was reported he was seen driving without wearing his seat belt too!
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
un bloody believable. what the hell. He needs his license taken away, he's too damn old to be driving. Hell fire I can't believe this
Long as he's only on his own private roads doesn't bother me.
Let him kill himself doing something he really enjoys, better than the alternative.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yes. And what's more, on tonights news, it was reported he was seen driving without wearing his seat belt too!
Thought that was the queen ? oh well perhaps they both do it.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Whatever speed the South facing Kia was travelling at, it seems to me the Prince pulled out of the turning onto the main road & without due care & attention, to me anyway.

We were stuck in traffic today on our main road. Two cars involved in an accident, one a write off, by the look of it, that one was in the right lane facing the wrong direction & the other on the grass area to the side of the left lane, facing away from the road. Straight road no bends in it, so how that happened I've no idea.
We didn't hear or see an ambulance & people in both cars seemed unhurt, as they were on the grass area. The police & highway were in attendance They passed us in the queue.
It held the traffic up for ages. We were in the jam for half an hour, but cars further back from us must have been stuck for an hour or so. To be fair the police did a good job of getting the traffic moving again.
He admitted he was blinded by the sun tiffany, he never tried to say he did any different.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Thought that was the queen ? oh well perhaps they both do it.

They do.

The report said the Queen was seen with no seat belt ages ago, but the Duke was seen today, driving his new car.

Incidentally, I believe it said it is not a 'new' car, but one he keeps for use at Windsor normally.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

19-01-2019, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
He admitted he was blinded by the sun tiffany, he never tried to say he did any different.

True, and I am sure that has happened to many of us.

However, that fancy lawyer, the one they call Mr. Loophole, said if he was dazzled by the sun, he shouldn't have pulled out.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

19-01-2019, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
They do.

The report said the Queen was seen with no seat belt ages ago, but the Duke was seen today, driving his new car.

Incidentally, I believe it said it is not a 'nedw' car, but one he keeps at Windsor normally.
They don't own their cars anyway they lease them. Not sure why I wondered if it was cheaper that way as those cars they both drive start at £68,000 basic models

Page 19 of 38 « First < 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top