Join for free
Page 242 of 370 « First < 142 192 232 240 241 242 243 244 252 292 342 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 03:11 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
No exercise the day Floydy, just a fat lazy day by the fire.
Same here Roxy. On my PC doing very little. I can't even watch TV as I can't hear it properly. God knows when I'll get back to the gym again
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
No Mups, thanks for asking but they are worse. I can't hear a thing and I'm seriously depressed about this now. I have another appointment on Monday with the practice nurse but I can't see her being able to do anything as my ears are in pain. I need the suction doing by the hospital but virtually immediately as I can't drive and if I miss work I'll get a written warning - that's how they are there. Not a happy bunny at the moment I'm afraid. There's a further note in the thread about rough pubs.

Gosh, that's not good m'dear.
I know it's easy to say, but try not to let it get to you.
You have only one more day to wait after today, and you can see the nurse.
If she is worried, she should call the doctor in to see you.
If she doesn - insist that she does.
Tell her you are off work and it needs sorting NOW. x
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Gosh, that's not good m'dear.
I know it's easy to say, but try not to let it get to you.
You have only one more day to wait after today, and you can see the nurse.
If she is worried, she should call the doctor in to see you.
If she doesn - insist that she does.
Tell her you are off work and it needs sorting NOW. x
It's just the constant waiting. Mups. It's frustrating.
I know I'm not the only patient who needs attention and there are far worse people off with their health but it's appointment after appointment but you have to then wait in a state of limbo once more trying to live with the problem. I need the hospital appointment but of course I need to see the doctor first and then they will book it. God knows when I get to get my ears finally suctioned out. I'll be hanging from a rope by then destitute from being sacked!
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 05:56 PM

It's a pity the Pharmacists cant do more of the wee jobs and take a bit of the load off.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 07:45 PM

Hi, Floydy. I am so sorry to hear about your ear pain. It sounds perfectly miserable . Since the suction isn't working, you could have a middle ear infection. I hope the nurse considers this possibility.

Roxy
It's coincidental you mentioned sitting by the fire. The buildings here are connected by long, glass tunnels that make possible nearly two-mile walks from point to point. The new cancer center has a massive fireplace for the patients to enjoy, but during the weekends the hospital is deserted, so the vast lounge feels like a grand hotel lobby. We plan to go there today to escape to the institutional feel of this place for a while. Somehow I don't think we can quite capture the vast beauty of your part of the world, but we can pretend!

OGF, as things are settling down and we look forward to a few more weeks of incarceration....I mean, admission ....I am finally able to break out for a run on most days.

Leaving the hospital is like peeling off layers of heavy clothing. I move past the doctors and nurses on the floor, down to the lobby where patients being dismissed swim against the upstream current of those being admitted. Past the din of orderlies transporting patients, visitors purchasing flowers, and valets managing car keys and belongings, utopia awaits.

Around the imposing library with the arched windows that span the entire facade, between the stone walls of the towering engineering and science buildings, my feet move fast and faster. My mind wanders to general envy of sitting in a classroom again, soaking up great ideas and pondering all the astounding ways of nature and the world, but for now, I am just happy to be - moving.

Like a checklist before a flight, I do a quick assessment of joints and bone, and know that this will be a good run. In no time, that two-mile mark where my breathing settles, my lungs stop complaining, and everything comes together in a synchronistic, familiar rhythm kicks in.

All those thoughts of struggle and resolution slip away with the distraction of the novel scene of unfamiliar administration buildings of slate and limestone, sleepy winter gardens, and the occasional statue of long-forgotten statesmen.

Four miles become five, and in the last five, so desperately wanting to call it a day, I round the corner and see the pretty glass dome that sits atop the children's hospital. My heart sinks at the sight of the hustle and bustle, the grim faces, and the challenges that lie just inside. Spying a barely visible sidewalk ahead, I make the choice to delay my work and responsibilities just a little longer. Like a school girl skipping class, I'm suddenly elated and emancipated for one final, blissful mile. Six miles and then some.

I'm ready to go back in and fight the good fight.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
It's just the constant waiting. Mups. It's frustrating.
I know I'm not the only patient who needs attention and there are far worse people off with their health but it's appointment after appointment but you have to then wait in a state of limbo once more trying to live with the problem. I need the hospital appointment but of course I need to see the doctor first and then they will book it. God knows when I get to get my ears finally suctioned out. I'll be hanging from a rope by then destitute from being sacked!
Poor you so frustrating

BUT...you only began your course of amoxicillin yesterday, so it may well be Sunday/Monday before you get an improvement, typically antibiotics kick in after 3 days, DO NOT MISS A SINGLE DOSE
So on Monday when the Doctor examines your ears he will be able to tell whether there's still any infection.
You won't get the suction treatment until any infection has cleared up.
Good luck!!
Don't forget to lay it on thick about the possibility of losing your job over this!!
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 08:24 PM

Well, hit the gym today and mentioned to the staff that the stomach crunch machine doesn't have the right results on the app, as even though I do 100 crunches at a time, and the machine readout shows 100, the app only counts to 30! Yes, they said, no matter what we do that's as high as the count goes. So, on the 15th, when I did 400 crunches, I only got credited with 120. Great, eh.

They said why not do more weight and less reps? I replied the whole point of me doing 100 reps at only 60lbs was because I am still wary of doing my heart some damage if I pull weights heavier than I normally do! I upped the weight to 80lbs and only went as far as 50 reps just to see if my chest exploded or not, and as you can gather, it did not explode. I am quite pleased as I did 4 sets of 50 reps at 80lbs, but of course the machine doesn't think that is the case.

What with the Arm Extension machine not counting reps either, plus me forgetting to put the data key into the machines several times, the workout results I am getting are not actually showing all my hard work. I might just go back to what I am used to, and just count reps in my head.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 08:42 PM

Better the Devil you know. IMO
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Better the Devil you know. IMO
Very true, Roxy.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 11:01 PM

Fantastic writeup Surfermom, not only was I with you running past those sentinels of architecture, you have injected the enthusiasm necessary to reciprocate with an equally gritty and determined performance tomorrow.....

Page 242 of 370 « First < 142 192 232 240 241 242 243 244 252 292 342 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top