Join for free
Page 142 of 370 « First < 42 92 132 140 141 142 143 144 152 192 242 > Last »
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2018, 04:57 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
You're not alone, Lion Queen. All I felt like doing was chilling out after an event-filled couple of days.
Friday's gym session was enormous and it took the wind out of my sails a bit. I've only just recovered but I'm seeing some improvements already, pleased to say.
And yesterday's afternoon out was plentiful, should we say!
Today I've pottered around the house, being on here a lot and went out for a drive just to get some air.
It's what weekends are all about aren't they?
Back to the toil and grind of work tonight
*sigh* whoever said we had to work for a living! Also who's bright idea was it to say we have to work 5 days a week and get 2 off, why isn't it the other way around!!
Glad to hear you are feeling the benefits of working out. I need to make more of an effort.

Hope work doesn't drag for you tonight.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2018, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
*sigh* whoever said we had to work for a living! Also who's bright idea was it to say we have to work 5 days a week and get 2 off, why isn't it the other way around!!
Glad to hear you are feeling the benefits of working out. I need to make more of an effort.

Hope work doesn't drag for you tonight.
Yes it doesn't seem fair does it? And all these retired people too laughing at us poor souls...

Work will drag tonight because it's the first night of the week. I try to get an advance sleep (in a few minutes actually) for a couple of hours, but my body clock is out of time after the weekend, so it's always a struggle getting through a Sunday night. Not to worry, I'll have a good sleep in the morning, when that finally arrives!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2018, 03:34 AM

Lion Queen, count me in on taking a recovery day! Yet another cold front roared in behind a night of fierce thunder and lightning, so I took what tends to be my day off to oil paint. I have a giant canvas (It's about as wide as I am tall) that I worked on most of the day, but I only managed to get the background done. Although the wave highlights and reflections will have to come tomorrow, I am also blaming my laziness for this work in progress today. I think you can click and zoom in on it:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6356.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	5726

Floydy, it sounds like you have had a phenomenal weekend! Though I have yet to comment on your outing with your friends, but what a fantastic priceless tradition of you have in getting together. Not bad for your general well-being, either, the beer aside .

OGF, you did it! Nine weeks and you are back in the saddle! There are no rules to coming back so I hope you dismissed any concerns about your time. You could run circles around anyone on this forum, so congratulations! I hope the neighborhood dogs were glad to see you . I have to say that I am terribly relieved for you .

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2018, 12:46 PM

Thanks for the celebration Surfermom.....
Now fast forward to today.....
I can't remember the last time my quads were as stiff as they were this morning.
So without further ado I decided to run/walk round a three mile course before breakfast and try and loosen them up. It went rather well in the mild dry conditions, I think spring has finally arrived in South Yorkshire...

I was planning on a swift jog round the same course tomorrow morning, but with an early dentist appointment I'm not sure if I'll be able to fit one in....See how it goes.

I know you must be wondering how Maddie the cat is getting on after her recent gum problems. Well the good news is, after visiting the vet and taking out a mortgage on some medication, she has responded very well to her treatment and is once again eating us out of house and home....Here she comes now for some biscuits...

She's going to have to catch plenty of mouses to pay this debt back....
(only Joking)
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2018, 02:35 PM

Very quickly as I want to get on with my music thread, then get outside in the sun, my less than half an hour legs exercises solely done to keep my knees functioning okay…

Monday, 16 Apr 18: Legs.

Incline press:
150kg: 50+5, 30+5
200kg: 25

Sled press:
140kg: 35+5, 25+5
160kg: 12

Adductor:
60kg: 35+2, 25+2, 14

Abductor:
60kg: 25+2, 20+2, 18

Seated ham curls:
45kg: 30+2, 20+2
55kg: 10

Ab crunch:
50x30kg, 30x35kg

All sorted, nice and steady. Upper body top-up for Wednesday.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 05:33 AM

Hello, my workout and dental friends !

It seems that we were all on the run today, literally and figuratively, but before waxing philosophical about exercising, it is good to know that Maddie the Cat is back in fine feline condition and has her appetite. I hope OGF fares as well.

It was a race to both the starting and finish lines today with a mountain of astronomy work and helping my daughter register for her college coursework (Yes!), but I did get in a speedy four miles. It's very strange but my total is less than five, I feel like I've been lazy. C'est la vie.

I couldn't help but laugh about your quads, OGF, because I burned mine almost to the point of lameness the other day after being chased by a man. Yes, I know you are laughing and you should, but it's not really what one might think.

The chosen route was the beach road I have mentioned in the past in which there is only one way in and one way out. Unfortunately, there was a man I recognized who was like-minded, out there to run the full length of the road. Except while I enjoy running solo, he tries to run with me. He's nice and harmless enough, but...running to me is only about....well...running and whatever is dancing around in my head at the time.

Fortunately, I saw him before he saw me, and ran like I had robbed a bank to avoid him. Successful in my goal, I paid for it the next day with quads so sore, I climbed in and out of the car like I was a hit by a bus, which my daughter found terribly amusing - rotten child that she is.

You would be correct in surmising that the lack of tone in my quads prior to this event is irrefutable evidence that I am not chased by men very often. .

My karma and quads should probably find another place to run for a while....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 09:47 AM

How good it feels to return to normal I thought, as I woke early, pulled on a pair of shorts, and laced up my running shoes. Sure, it was only a three miler and it hurt like hell on legs that are still stiff from Sunday's run, my face ached from whatever festering mess my dentist is going to discover later on in the morning, but what a great feeling to be out in the country doing something that I have always loved. Even though at thirty two minutes for three miles is such a pedestrian pace, but you know what? I don't care.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

17-04-2018, 05:21 PM

We've got more in common than you think Surfermom, not that I get chased by any men, or women come to think of it, but in the past running with other people didn't happen unless I wanted it to. Any runners I met while out running were usually left behind with just an acknowledgement concerning the time of day. These days I'm the one who is running too slow and gets left behind.

But I have a friend who was a prolific marathon runner in his day, ten years my senior and an ex PE teacher at the local school. His last marathon was the London, which he completed in two hours thirty five minutes. He is the only person I know who has completed the 'Bob Graham Round' 42 peaks in the Lake District in 24 hours. But more about that later...

Following his last marathon he was diagnosed with Arthritis and had to have a replacement hip, that was the end of his running but continued to walk and cycle.
If he spots me out running he will accompany me on his bike, don't misunderstand, he is someone who I aspire to be, his determination knows no bounds, and he is greatly admired.

But he rides alongside and talks all the way and it's so infuriating not to be alone with one's thoughts, and like you Surfermom, I have sometimes adjusted my route or time to avoid him. I feel terrible for doing this, but only another runner could appreciate the feeling of being at one with nature and one's self, most of the time, it's why we're out there.....

Having been a runner himself I think he understands when I don't want to talk and quickly leaves me to my thoughts, sometimes I even enjoy his company, but not on every run......
Anyone reading this, don't be too hard on me......It's a long distance runners thing..
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

17-04-2018, 08:07 PM

The Bob Graham Round for anyone interested, or who fancies a go....

http://www.bobgrahamclub.org.uk/index.php?page=intro
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

17-04-2018, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Granny J ->
I try to walk a few miles a day.
Today I've done a 5 miles one, though sometimes they are shorter.
I walk with a walking for health group once a week, but their walks are no longer than two and a half miles.
I tried the gym, but found it rather boring.
I enjoy walking on my own. I listen to music from my mobile, and sometimes dramas I've downloaded.
Sorry I missed your post Granny. Walking everyday will certainly keep your body in good condition and to walk five miles is serious hiking. Where do you walk? in the country or on suburban footpaths? It would be good to hear about your adventures....Not sure about listening to music while walking though....

Page 142 of 370 « First < 42 92 132 140 141 142 143 144 152 192 242 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top