Join for free
Page 210 of 370 « First < 110 160 200 208 209 210 211 212 220 260 310 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 10:53 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
45 minutes Zumba tonight, then the class I did 10 minutes working down from 10 incline each minute, then I did 10 minutes on the bike. 30 x 30 Sled press then I went for a 20 minute swim, I did 20 lengths in that time, I seem to be getting abit faster at swimming now.

omg Floydy, your stats though for sled press made me pull a shocked face When I do the sled press I can only do 30 x 30 wowee. I tried 40 and I couldn't push it lol.

SM, I was a dancer when I was a kid so I'm quite co-ordinated and pick up steps easily. The Broadway dance game is quite fun but the graphics are a crock of you know what LOL. I'd like to invest in a Xbox one day when I have the money which will probably be never lol. Guess I'll stick to the gym.
Lion Queen, that is some workout! Although you are sitting there aghast at my sled pressing, I couldn't do a Zumba class to save my life. And I'm crap at swimming too, so along with reading about Surfermom's and OGF's running outings I look at your own particular brand of exercise with awestruck wonderment

You're doing great with the gym work. Everyone has their peaks and your work on the sled is pretty good. I am a rather different build and sex to you to be perfectly honest
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2018, 06:30 PM

Five miles is good Surfermom.....
It's my prefered mileage these days and should leave me enough energy to bluff my way through the day....

Awesome workload Lion Queen, and so varied. I'm impressed.....

Just a few words that describe this mornings five mile run:-
Cold, dry, overcast, wobbly, lethargic, submissive, fast time.....Surprise...
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2018, 01:02 AM

Aha, Lion Queen! That background explains your coordination...and also why you enjoy Zumba. My former college roommate has been doing Zumba for thirty plus year and still love it.

OGF, five miles isn't anything spectacular, bit I have discovered that it is my sweet spot; I can run that distance six days a week and not feel exhausted, overly sore, or joint-affected. Besides, it keeps me on that annual (for now) annual goal.

I have to add that keeping an eye on your pace is not a bad idea. I was reading yet another article about the benefits of maintaining reasonable speed as we age. I've been almost afraid to look, of late, but the watch is in the charger so...

Besides my five today, I did my daily round of step with weights, and am looking at my yoga mat across the room beckoning me to get busy with some abdominal work. So, on that one...
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 04:41 AM

Nothing much to report from my end so far this week, well after Monday's legs session that is. I'm having another week of drifting and dabbling.
The onset of the winter months always tends to make me more lethargic than usual and my best training sessions are always at the weekend when work isn't on the agenda.
However, today I will be making an effort to do "something" at the gym, even if it's just a few 'warm-up' sets to blow the cobwebs away.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 12:43 PM

Tell me about it Floydy, I'm fed up of the cold weather already. Tenerife is looking good for February...... I'm sure you'll catch up with your training soon and after a good workout everything starts to look good.....

I've done some good stuff in the past off a week full of five milers Surfermom, we seem to forget that five miles would be a long way to somebody who doesn't run, we tend to be a little bit complacent with distance.

These days I tend to be erring on the side of shorter runs but more of them, although I can't get out of the habit of doing a long'ish Sunday run to keep up the stamina. So looking at my mileage for October, and it comes out at 92.8miles, which isn't too bad considering it was made up of mainly five milers.

I also agree with you about five being a comfortable distance, and provided you don't go at it 'Eyeballs Out' it leaves you with enough energy to get through the rest of the day. I also have to be mindful of my two Heart Attacks, and think about Mrs Fox and the rest of my family if I turn up me toes by running too fast or too far.

Without getting too morbid or despondent, at sixty eight my best runs are behind me now, I've done some good stuff, and even surprise myself when I look back at my record over the years, but I lack some of the drive I had when I was a young spunk putting some good runners behind me and posting some fast times....

I've never stretched or worked out in the gym, and I'm too long in the tooth to start now, but I enjoy reading about you fifty somethings putting in the graft now, and I'll be interested to see if you're still 'doing it' at sixty odd....

Which brings me seamlessly into this mornings five mile run.
A good deal warmer than of late, but very damp with the odd spot of light rain. And although it was a steady enjoyable run, I did kick up some dust and produce a decent time......
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2018, 02:28 AM

OGF, we compete with our present selves, not the ones that don't even exist anymore. I remind myself of that when I look in the mirror . On a side note, it is a kindness of nature that our near vision fades after fifty .

While my near vision is shot, it was with still decent far vision that that storm force winds carried me down the beach for 2.5 miles and then acted as a wall on the way back. I am fairly confident that I looked like one of those cartoon characters that is running in place just before speeding off...only I never got up to any respectable speed.

The bad news is that my pace on the way back was the worst of the year. The good news? I think I qualified for the Olympics when I flew like a kite during the first half. Does it count if my feet never hit the ground?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

02-11-2018, 04:45 AM

Well done on your efforts yesterday, Bob and Suzie - and anyone who managed to make that all important move outdoors.

Me, I'm finding it a stuggle to get motivated at the moment which is something that happens to me for a period at the onset of each winter. I know that after a fewe days I'll be back into it, but right now I'm feeling as sorry for myself as an old flogged horse left out in a field all day and night. It's depressing.

What I must cease doing is promising to myself - and to you folks on here - that I'll be training "the next day" etc.
Anyway, it's almost the weekdn for me...watch this space!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

02-11-2018, 12:46 PM

The moon was just a silver slither trying to scamper across a clear blue Southern sky before the sun appeared and outshone it's fading outline.

I too was caught by the sun, scampering..... along the bone dry and hard baked path alongside a field of.....Well it looked like tall grass!.....
Frost crunched underfoot in the sheltered grassy corners of the field, as I once again joined the road and jogged down a sleepy little cul-de-sac.

I passed the time of day with a startled dog walker as he came lumbering out on a small path in the wood that joined the main path. I had soon put several yards between us, as I skipped over the carpet of dried leaves......

The bright sunlight exploded in my face as I left the wood and onto the cycle track, I was temporarily blinded and stumbled awkwardly until I reached the shadow of an adjacent house. It's a good job I was on smooth tarmac and avoided having to practice my falling routine....Sometimes gravity can be a bitch!...

I was soon on the lane and my last mile and a half, such a fine sunny morning had brought out quite a few dog walkers, I scampered past them with a cheery good morning. I'm getting to know most of them, and the ones to give a wide birth to, most dogs are just excited to see me, just like Mrs Fox will be when I safely return home, but I doubt she will lick my face and bark uncontrollably at my arrival...One never knows though....

On failing legs, gasping lungs and an empty stomach, I staggered onto the drive and stopped the watch......After all my harping on in the last post about sensible pace adjustment and diminishing drive, I was surprised to see a years best time for this 'well run' route. A cool 23 seconds faster than my previous best time set in early September....

And this, following yesterday's run, something I've avoided all my life.....Running on two consecutive days....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

02-11-2018, 07:07 PM

Bob - That was a fantastic run, and following one yesterday too! Amazing work, bud Just watch you don't overdo things

Friday 2/11/18:
Upper body catch-up; 1hr. 25mins.

Better late than never following my shameful attendance at the gym this week, today saw me combining both my early and mid-week sessions into one which goes some way to catch up with the training I’ve missed. Obviously my weekend strength session may have to be cancelled this week as tomorrow I’ll be doing my cardio session, but I may move my Sunday ‘legs’ workout forward to precede the cardio making a space for a heavier upper body workout on Sunday – but nothing is set in stone as I know what happens when I make promises…something happens and all my planning falls apart.

Back to today and I was a little rusty due to the absence of upper body work this week but when I got into it, this “2-in-1” session wasn’t too bad an effort after all.

DB bench press:
8x26, 8x28, 8x30

Lat pulldown, wide grip:
12x35, 12x40, 12x45
Lat pulldown, hammer bar:
8x50, 8x60, 6x70

Smith shoulder press:
6x35, 6x40, 6x45
*This isn’t too good for the neck so I’ll be dropping the weight slightly in future but upping the number of reps.

Smith flat bench press:
6x60, 2x80
15x40 high reps
*A pretty despicable performance on this benching today, I just had no power from my shoulders which were feeling tired for some reason. I’ll be working more on the standard shoulder press and dumbbell presses to build some harder muscle back in this area.

Incline chest press:
6x60, 6x70, 4x80

Seated row:
12x47, 12x53, 12x59

E-Z curl, standing:
10x28, 10x28, 10x33

Tricep extensions:
12x40, 12x50, 12x60

Bicep stack curls:
15x15, 15x15, 15x15

Tricep pushdowns, w/backrest:
10x30, 10x35, 6x40

Fly delt dec:
15x80, 15x95, 10x110
50x50 high reps
50x50 high reps (bicep setting)
*Very heavy weights on this, just for the hell of it and to see how strong my delts were (the small muscles just below the shoulders). I even surprised myself with this, although the additional high reps nearly killed me!

Seated arm curl machine, both arms:
25x25, 25x20, 25x15 high reps
*very light weights but when you’re doing multiples of 25 over three sets they tax the biceps in a very strenuous way. Hard work but they didn’t let me down and looked pretty pumped up afterwards!

Ab crunch:
25x30 (front), 25x30 (floor)

Tomorrow then, some leg work. As I mentioned earlier, I'd like to do a full leg workout followed by my usual 45 minute cardio session, but we'll see what happens.

Thanks for reading
Richmond
United Kingdom
Richmond is female  Richmond has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2018, 09:23 PM

It burns a lot of calories lifting several cups of coffee a day and taking a nice walk

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	MY WALK AT THE FALLS.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	7852  

Page 210 of 370 « First < 110 160 200 208 209 210 211 212 220 260 310 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top