Join for free
Page 12 of 12 « First < 2 10 11 12
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 02:28 PM

Re: Anyone fancy helping out?

Originally Posted by carol ->
I was on a forum once - I joined it at the request of the chap who started it. I did my best to help it find it's feet by thinking up various threads to start. There was this time I started a thread about my enjoyment of scrabble.

I was having quite a lively conversation with another member when the forum 'boss' stepped in making sarcastic remarks and ridiculing us. . As a result of this, the member I was having the conversation with quit the forum and I followed soon after.
That forum 'Boss' used his POWER in the wrong way by ridiculing the subject his members were talking about - just because he was the' Boss' and he could!

There's hardly anybody on his forum left to ridicule now...
Yes Carol, I think I know where your refering to there.
What comes around, goes around springs to mind!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2016, 04:27 PM

It's about a month now since Azz asked the question.
It's taking a long time to sort out...
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2016, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
It's about a month now since Azz asked the question.
It's taking a long time to sort out...
Perhaps nobody wants to help out Carol.
Helping out here and keeping an eye on things will, I guess, take up a lot of one's time.
This could lead to migraine and high blood pressure.
You just ask Azz and his merry coupla Mods if you don't believe me!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2016, 06:21 PM

I think Malcolm is itching to have go, who knows maybe he's the only volunteer and then where would we be?
(only pulling your leg Malcolm)
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2016, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I think Malcolm is itching to have go, who knows maybe he's the only volunteer and then where would we be?
(only pulling your leg Malcolm)
No...not itching to have a go at all Jem....it's just that when anyone asks for help I will always volunteer to do so.
That's the kind of man I am ... What about you ?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2016, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
No...not itching to have a go at all Jem....it's just that when anyone asks for help I will always volunteer to do so.
That's the kind of man I am ... What about you ?

I’d love to help out too Malcolm but it’s not my area, I don’t have the talents nor the patience required when it comes to dealing with people who have so many different viewpoints, I prefer to remain just a player in the field.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2016, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I’d love to help out too Malcolm but it’s not my area, I don’t have the talents nor the patience required when it comes to dealing with people who have so many different viewpoints, I prefer to remain just a player in the field.
I don't mind washing up
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2016, 07:44 PM

Sorry guys we have been preoccupied with other things, like the Tell MAMA episode.

We'll come back to this when we can. Closing the thread for now. Thanks to everyone who has nominated - feel free to keep the nominations coming in

Page 12 of 12 « First < 2 10 11 12

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top