Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2016, 09:46 PM

Which one is the Gentleman?

David Cameron's rude outburst about Jeremy Corbyn's mother suggests that perhaps he should have a good look at his own mother and brush up on his manners.

Did she encourage such behaviour when he was growing up?

Maybe he should spend a little time reflecting on the way he acts as our Prime Minister before his own children think that this is acceptable, as he obviously does.

Consider...
David Cameron comes from a privileged background went to a public school, married into the aristocracy, acts with abysmally bad manners and hostility in Parliament, and hurls personal insults at the Opposition.

Jeremy Corbyn comes from an ordinary background, went to a grammar school, married commoners, acts with courtesy and restraint in Parliament, and never indulges in personal insults.

Which one is the gentleman?
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2016, 09:59 PM

Re: Which one is the Gentleman?

Neither in my opinion.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2016, 10:01 PM

I have spoken to Jeremy Corbyn, I wonder if David Cameron would speak to the likes of me?
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

You have a valid point there Ruthio.
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Eton and being fellated by pigs will do that to you.

I hate to think of what goes on at the Bullingdon Club or the Scull and Bones at Yale.

Quick edit: Corbyn is more of a gentleman ...
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2016, 10:04 PM

Money doesn't necessarily mean you have manners.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2016, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Money doesn't necessarily mean you have manners.
Never a truer word spoken Julie
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2016, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->

Jeremy Corbyn comes from an ordinary background, went to a grammar school, married commoners, acts with courtesy and restraint in Parliament, and never indulges in personal insults.

Which one is the gentleman?
Well it ain't Corbyn ... at least I have not thought so since reading
Jeremy Corbyn “showed off” a naked Diane Abbott to impress his Left-wing friends when he was a young Labour activist
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/poli...g-friends.html

It does have the ring of truth .. added to his dubious associates he is a bit of a nasty slimebag.
gardener
UK
gardener is male  gardener has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2016, 10:18 PM

David Cameron is a spiteful & petulant little man who indulges in personal attacks, not what I would expect of a leader of any party never mind the leader of the country.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2016, 10:19 PM

I thought Cameron was retaliating after a Corbyn and a labour heckler brought up the subject of Cameron's mother..

As Corbyn highlighted the problems with Cameron’s own local health service, he asked the Prime Minister: “Will the chair of the Oxfordshire anti-austerity campaign be writing a letter to himself?”
At which point Labour MPs heckled at Cameron, “ask your mother", in light of the news last week that Cameron’s own mother signed a petition campaigning to save cuts to local services.
In response Mr Cameron hit back: "I think I know what my mother would say, I think she'd look across the Despatch Box say 'put on a proper suit, do up your tie and sing the national anthem!'
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...PMQs-live.html
So none of them were behaving in a gentlemanly way letting the debate get personal not Corbyn who started it Cameron who retaliated...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top