Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2016, 03:21 PM

Re: Brexit, where you live.

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->
The map is interesting but it's difficult (for me, anyway) to see any major trends.

TBH, I tend to think the whole referendum idea is a nonsense. How can the man in the street find and analyse the infomation they would need to make a balanced decision which would be best for the whole country?

I totally agree with this .
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2016, 03:44 PM

I'm certainly not going to fret over this whole shemozzle, because if the Leaders of Our Countries..ie--(Sturgeon,Cameron,Jones,Robinson?) and all the powers that be want Us to stay in..then THAT'S exactly what will happen,...no matter how many polls there are or how much noise bumblin' Boris makes..just My opinion of course.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2016, 07:32 PM

TBH the amount of peeps polled is small so not sure how true are the results, its certainly making strange bedfellows of our political elite, with cameron, sturgeon, clegg, milliband, corbyn, and salmond all wanting us to stay in.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2016, 08:43 PM

I think the most obvious thing from that map is that Scotland wants to stay in and England wants to leave. How strange!

The Scots have been big mates with the Frogs for a very long time - perhaps centuries. Time was that Scotland and France were both enemies of England back in Tudor days and before.

I'd be quite happy for Scotland to remain in and England to leave. It would save us money on two counts: not only the savings of £55 million or £33 million a day (whichever way you look at it), and at the same time no further need to go on subsidising Scotland!
GillyT
Nottingham, England
GillyT is female  GillyT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2016, 11:02 PM

I will vote to come out of Europe. I object strongly to being governed and bullied by a handful of unelected oligarchs ! I object strongly to paying billions to countries in 'aid' when some of them don't need it and have said as much ! I object strongly to paying £33 million plus per day to Europe and getting very little back ! How the heck do we know that 'aid' money is being used for the purpose that it was sent to do, and not into the hands of corrupt governments or terrorists ?

I have had enough of Europe 'deciding' on bringing in dozens of different laws that we have got to abide by.

Many big businesses get grants from Europe and that is why they want us to stay in. Do we really want to be governed by big businesses ? There are many foreign big businesses that have settled in the UK, however, that say they will remain in this country whatever happens in the referendum.

Various politicians who are pro-Europe are intent on confusing and indeed frightening people into voting to stay in Europe. I'm sorry but apart from the items mentioned above, I personally will feel a lot happier if we came out and thus got our control back on our borders. With the money saved from paying £33 million plus PER DAY to Europe, we could bolster up the NHS, improve our emergency services, schools and improve our armed forces.

Europe have been bleeding us dry for far too long and we must sever our political association with them. We will no doubt be able to trade more with our old commonwealth countries and no doubt still trade with Europe.

As far as I am concerned, 'get out of Europe' far out-ways the 'stay in Europe'. The UK will be their own masters again and have proper control over their own destiny.

As it is at the moment, we are kow-towing too much to the whims of those few oligarchs in Europe. IMO

At the moment, the UK is gradually sinking into a third world country and I want this situation to stop.

I heard, the other day, that apparently we have to borrow money so we can send aid abroad !!! This is suicide !!! If I have got this wrong, and I hope to goodness that I have, perhaps somebody will correct me with accurate information.

I just want to feel proud to be British again, not ashamed.

I wish we could have a political leader who has got the balls to stand up to Europe and make sure they know that we are not the weak pathetics that we seem to have a reputation of being !
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2016, 11:58 PM

I agree with every word, Gilly.

I, too, sometimes feel embarrassed when we are abroad. Yes, people we meet have always been friendly and polite to us, but I can't help but imagine what they must be feeling. When you see our football yobs on the news programmes you can see why people might feel that way about us. Hopefully, some of them will realise that we're not all like that.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2016, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Is it just me or does Brexit sound like a breakfast cereal?
You mean like a bite size Weetabix?
GillyT
Nottingham, England
GillyT is female  GillyT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2016, 12:23 AM

I'm sure that people abroad must realise that those football yobs are not a representative of British people in general.

They must surely see the efforts made in the UK to minimise hooliganism, and thank goodness those dark days are mostly in the past, although I noticed members of the football crowd the other day threw coins at some of the players. But of course there are cctv cameras all over the place, and I believe there has been an arrest over that particular incident.
GillyT
Nottingham, England

01-03-2016, 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
You mean like a bite size Weetabix?
Nah, bite size honey nut shreddies - they are my favourites !
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2016, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
If we as a country could vote to go in it seems only fair those of us too young to have fine so last time get a vote too. Are we less educated than when we went in ?
We did not get a vote to go in, we got a vote on whether to stay in.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top