Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2016, 12:10 PM

Re: Break up of the UK???

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
I'm afraid it's the same with Scotland, How on earth would one guard against anyone wanting to cross over to England if we vote to come out and Scotland in? Short of building a 30 foot wall the length and breadth of the land between the two areas with a border crossing at Carlisle !! I see the same images as happens between Mexico and Texas .

I read this morning that the Migrants are massing on the beaches of Dunkirk now. Three boatloads of migrants have already been stopped from crossing to the Channel Islands!

Thank you to the French for parking them on the beaches ready to try to get to the UK.
Hi

You cannot blame the French Shropshiregirl.

The French Government is looking after the interests of France.

Something which our successive Governments have failed to do for us.

France is still in state of emergency after the Paris attacks.

They have a huge problem with Migrants, which they do not want.

They have a very simple solution available, let them all come to the UK.

As soon as we are out of the EU, the Lisbon Agreement will not apply, they are under no obligation at all to take back any Migrants who make it to the UK.

What would you do if you were a French Politician?

Simple answer, let them come here and refuse to take them back.

Not exactly Rocket Science is it?
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2016, 12:34 PM

I do realise that SF. but to build all these huts overlooking the beaches of Dunkirk is ridiculous. Surely it would benefit the French to be seen by the British to be seen to be actively cooperating with the UK by trying to alleviate the problem such as Calais and Dunkirk instead of the negative picture we here see of the French as always, looking after number one. United? don't make me laugh !

We know the French are quite capable of being ruthless when they feel it is necessary, I well remember the mass deportation of the Romanian Gypsies only a few years ago from their cities and towns in France. They were forced to leave with their belongings by the coachload in the dead of night.

Why haven't migrant workers at the very least been separated from genuine Syrian refugees? They could then move the migrant workers into the centre of the country rather than the beaches, if they are then seen on the roads to any of the ports, deport them back to Greece.

I can only see yet more votes going to Brexit with the French spiteful action.

I also have more faith in our borders being controlled by us in the event of a Leave vote.

In a perfect world, action such as this would never be thought of, but we are in the worst scenario since the second world war with the movement of millions.

Someone, somewhere has to start to take action that doesn't involve being blackmailed by a tyrant in Turkey and betrayed by France and Germany.
Old Dog
Suffolk
Old Dog is male  Old Dog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2016, 01:34 PM

Scotland had their referendum and chose to stay as part of the UK

That means they all get a vote to stay in EU or get out.

As park of the UK they will have to abide with the majority decision.

So Ms Sturgeon can take a hike, she's not getting another referendum.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2016, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Old Dog ->
Scotland had their referendum and chose to stay as part of the UK

That means they all get a vote to stay in EU or get out.

As park of the UK they will have to abide with the majority decision.

So Ms Sturgeon can take a hike, she's not getting another referendum.

Wanna lay a side bet of say £10.00 on that matey???
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2016, 01:53 PM

I do realise that SF. but to build all these huts overlooking the beaches of Dunkirk is ridiculous. Surely it would benefit the French to be seen by the British to be seen to be actively cooperating with the UK by trying to alleviate the problem such as Calais and Dunkirk instead of the negative picture we here see of the French as always, looking after number one. United? don't make me laugh !

We know the French are quite capable of being ruthless when they feel it is necessary, I well remember the mass deportation of the Romanian Gypsies only a few years ago from their cities and towns in France. They were forced to leave with their belongings by the coachload in the dead of night.

Why haven't migrant workers at the very least been separated from genuine Syrian refugees? They could then move the migrant workers into the centre of the country rather than the beaches, if they are then seen on the roads to any of the ports, deport them back to Greece.

I can only see yet more votes going to Brexit with the French spiteful action.

I also have more faith in our borders being controlled by us in the event of a Leave vote.

In a perfect world, action such as this would never be thought of, but we are in the worst scenario since the second world war with the movement of millions.

Someone, somewhere has to start to take action that doesn't involve being blackmailed by a tyrant in Turkey and betrayed by France and Germany.
Hi

I state my views as I see them SG.

The UK is simply not looking after itself as other EU Countries are.

I do not see the French as spiteful at all.

They are looking after themselves, which unfortunately, we are not.

I have found it quite liberating to be able to post my views, as an insider for many years, on this Forum.

One of the advantages of taking Voluntary Redundancy and Early Retirement.

Unfortunately, one of the disadvantages was that I have to return, as and when required.

It will come as a relief to many on here, that from Good Friday, I will no longer be posting on many of the threads.

Back to work , not my choice, but so be it, until December this year at the least.

Until then, I will continue to post as I see fit, after then, well I have a Pension to look after.

Many of you rant and rave about Government Pensions, but after being stabbed, shot and blown up, I could not give a damn, I have earned mine.

As for Disability Benefits, well I feel that I can complain about the system.

In 1991 I was adjudged to be be permanently incapable of work, sod that for a game of marbles.

I appealed against it, and in 1993, returned , albeit part time, to work.

It still annoys me that I gave up my Mobility Car, because I am an independent Git, whilst those who kept it carried my Fishing Tackle for me.

I therefore feel no shame in supporting the crackdown on false disability claims.

I have every sympathy for those who are genuinely disabled and who cannot work.

I have no time at all for Duncan Smith, an idiot who cannot see the difference between the two sides of the coin.

My view is simply this, those who can work, even only a little bit, should be paid for their efforts, those who genuinely cannot work at all, should be paid the same as those who can.

Those who can work, but who choose not to, should get naff all.

My rants are not entirely over, I will enjoy the next 13 days, after that , Good Bye and God Bless for the next 9 months on the serious Political Threads.

I will be back in the system.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

12-03-2016, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Wanna lay a side bet of say £10.00 on that matey???
Hi

Not often we agree on things UJ.

However I agree with you on this one.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2016, 02:06 PM

What do you mean SF are you going to give up posting on the political threads?
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2016, 02:24 PM

Well I will miss your input SF. We don't always agree on everything but I have certainly gained a great deal more knowledge about various things (state pensions excluded!!) that I would never have known if it wasn't for you.

So just in case I don't get the opportunity within the next 13 days before you depart for wherever until December, thank you very much for being so articulate and informative in your posts. I will miss them and you. Take care.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2016, 03:28 PM

I read this morning that the Migrants are massing on the beaches of Dunkirk now.
Again! Well we're not sending fishing boats out to rescue them this time ... whether the Germans are behind them with stukas or not.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

12-03-2016, 03:40 PM

Hi Mort, I couldn't believe it either when I read about it. All I could think was.. oh god, not here now !! If Cameron allows them to be picked up and brought to the Channel Islands and then onto the UK, honestly I will swing for that man !

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top