Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2016, 03:45 PM

Re: Break up of the UK???

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi
My rants are not entirely over, I will enjoy the next 13 days, after that , Good Bye and God Bless for the next 9 months on the serious Political Threads.

I will be back in the system.
that is bad news for us. I'll miss you. You add interest to many a debate on here.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2016, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Hi Mort, I couldn't believe it either when I read about it. All I could think was.. oh god, not here now !! If Cameron allows them to be picked up and brought to the Channel Islands and then onto the UK, honestly I will swing for that man !
You can make the wax effigies Shroppy and I'll provide the toasting forks ....or should that be hatpins.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2016, 03:53 PM

I know that Nicola, if voted back in, would love to have the chance of another Scottish referendum but I don't think they will especially in the event of it being a Leave victory. She's not stupid. She knows she cannot use the lure of Oil revenues etc second time round because the Scottish electorate know full well the state of the Oil Industry at the moment. She would be on a definite loser. Out on their own from a country that would be going it alone and then having to fend for themselves without any backup from London?
Never happen !
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2016, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
You can make the wax effigies Shroppy and I'll provide the toasting forks ....or should that be hatpins.
Garden Forks at the ready Mort! They'll do for digging up and dumping him into as well!

Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2016, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
I know that Nicola, if voted back in, would love to have the chance of another Scottish referendum but I don't think they will especially in the event of it being a Leave victory. She's not stupid. She knows she cannot use the lure of Oil revenues etc second time round because the Scottish electorate know full well the state of the Oil Industry at the moment. She would be on a definite loser. Out on their own from a country that would be going it alone and then having to fend for themselves without any backup from London?
Never happen !

They're sitting on a large untapped oil field to the North West of the Hebrides. Once the nuclear submarines are out of Faslane, the facilities there can be used to service and maintain the oil platforms needed for the exploration.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

12-03-2016, 04:03 PM

I'm going to stick my neck out here at risk of someone chopping it off.

Don't the Scots have a rather big financial deficit that's a bit of an embarrassment for Ms Sturgeon? Something like 40% higher than the rest of the UK.
No wonder they might fancy opting for Independence again if Brexit goes ahead .. they'll want to get back into the EU for some financial handouts.

I shall now .. with elegant decadent decorum .. run for the hills!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2016, 04:17 PM

Hi

Just to explain the situation.

As from Good Friday I am back at work, but working the system to give me 4 days fishing in Poland before going further East.

It is not my choice, but needs must.

Until then I will post as I see fit, after that I am seriously restricted, not only back at work, but at a level which means that I am a PORP, a Politically Restricted Post, which , with the revised interpretation of what that means, means that I will be out of most things and unable to post without prior approval.

Such is life.

Until then I will drop a few bombshells on here.

I have absolutely no faith in Cameron or Corbyn at all.

Duncan Smith and Theresa May I despise with a vengeance.

However we have a stand off, they need me, I need them.

I am not going to lose my Pension.

I hope that you can understand that.

All being well, normal service will resume in December.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2016, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
They're sitting on a large untapped oil field to the North West of the Hebrides. Once the nuclear submarines are out of Faslane, the facilities there can be used to service and maintain the oil platforms needed for the exploration.
Hi

Well the price of oil would have to quadruple to make it financially viable to develop that field.

With Iran back on stream, you can kiss goodbye to that for the next 20 years.

Faslane?

A major rebuild to change.

It is not just about our Trident Subs, it is our Hunter Killers as well, those subs which are purely a defence for us, not an attack.

Bring them South by all means, we will still need them even if we ditch Trident.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

12-03-2016, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Just to explain the situation.

As from Good Friday I am back at work, but working the system to give me 4 days fishing in Poland before going further East.

..... after that I am seriously restricted, not only back at work, but at a level which means that I am a PORP, a Politically Restricted Post,
Got it 007 ...your secret is safe with me.
If you see anyone called Putin give him a wave from the pig.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

12-03-2016, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Problem is though UJ, their economy will be on a downward spiral due to the thousands of jobs that will be lost if our nuclear submarines are moved. it's no wonder the unions were not for independence, they knew what the true cost would have been.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top