Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
tina
Lincolnshire
tina is female  tina has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2016, 08:37 PM

Re: Obama Urges UK to Stay In EU! What?!

He should mind his own business and sort out his own country before advising on ours, I dont think he has done a particularly good job of his own.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2016, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I wouldn't go that far Swims.
If he'd had his way a couple of years back he'd have bombed Assad and dragged us all into a major conflab.
Putin is by far a more astute world class leader.

As to Brexit ... who cares what he says? If he wants to fly to London to jolly along Cameron and try to write some good footnotes to his memorable tenure as President who am I to spoil his fun.
Well said Morty
Obama will come over on a lovely Jolly, and have a lubbly jubbly time here with his family at our expense.
If he did have any influence on the EU referendum, which I doubt, he will be long gone and forgotten soon after the vote, but the UK will have to suffer the consequences of us staying in the EUseless bureaucratic mess the organisation is.
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2016, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by tina ->
He should mind his own business and sort out his own country before advising on ours, I dont think he has done a particularly good job of his own.
I am pleased to see that someone here still knows how to use her head. Aside from strutting about and acting as though he's King of the world, what has he ever done for his people?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2016, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I wouldn't go that far Swims.
If he'd had his way a couple of years back he'd have bombed Assad and dragged us all into a major conflab.
Putin is by far a more astute world class leader.

As to Brexit ... who cares what he says? If he wants to fly to London to jolly along Cameron and try to write some good footnotes to his memorable tenure as President who am I to spoil his fun.
Hi

To each their own.

Compared to Bush he is an Angel.

The problem with the USA, as far as I am concerned, ie the Reds under the Bed thing.

They are all still fighting the Cold War, which is a nonsense.

Communism world wide is failing, so what is the problem?

Let nature take it's course.

The USA is rapidly coming to the end of it's time as the world superpower, the same as we did.

Why anyone would want to be a superpower is beyond me, look after your own, make peace with others and the world would be a much better place.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2016, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The USA is rapidly coming to the end of it's time as the world superpower, the same as we did.

Why anyone would want to be a superpower is beyond me, look after your own, make peace with others and the world would be a much better place.
Agreed ... so who are you going for as the next world power?
The Bald Eagle is on it's way out.
Is the Russian bear also on the way out? Is the Chinese Panda the one to watch?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2016, 09:08 PM

We should tell him to go bollocks. It's bad enough `encouraging` the EU to adopt TTIP behind closed doors without him poking his nose in our affairs.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2016, 09:11 PM

What have our affairs got to do with OBIE, he should mind his own business and get on with writing his memoirs about his time as POTUS, and what a wonderful fist he made of it, not .
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2016, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Strangely, I trust Obama's opinion more than our politicians. He's a good honest man as far as I'm concerned. He's tried his hardest to be a good president.
Now if Trump said we should stay in...
I like Obama too.

But he wouldn't influence my vote one way or the other.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2016, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
You are all about to get a taste of what We Scots felt 2 yrs ago...Some of You will be frightened into staying in...some will be angry and determined to get out..But what is certain is the next few Months will be very disconcerting for All....Be prepared to be jubilant if the vote goes Your way.. or heartbroken when You don't get what You voted for.
My thoughts exatly May, I got all hot and bothered with the Indy Ref and was really fed up with some people, this time I'm just sitting back and watching the pantomine.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2016, 11:39 PM

The powers that be are desperate for us to stay in the EU. So much so I don't actually believe they will allow us to leave. The voting will be rigged to ensure it goes that way.

Brits should regardless vote to exit imo. Britain needs to take back control of its own affairs and immigration.

If an exit all goes belly up I'm sure we can re-join again if required. Just hold another referendum.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top