Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2016, 06:20 PM

Re: Obama Urges UK to Stay In EU! What?!

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Apparently so Gibbs I also got the impression that any TTIP agreement will be weighted in favour of the USA with corporate lawyers ruling the day .
Just so.

I know that whatever the USA does is done in order to benefit the USA, just as whatever the EU does is done in order to benefit the EU.

For some reason, that doesn't seem to work in this country: whatever our government does, it is done in order to benefit our government and their mates.

Perhaps one day we might have a government that does things to benefit the country as a whole.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2016, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Just so.

I know that whatever the USA does is done in order to benefit the USA, just as whatever the EU does is done in order to benefit the EU.

For some reason, that doesn't seem to work in this country: whatever our government does, it is done in order to benefit our government and their mates.

Perhaps one day we might have a government that does things to benefit the country as a whole.
Well one thing is for sure JBR, neither the USA or the EU will be doing anything for the benefit of this country and I would rather entrust the running of it to our elected government some of whom have our interests at heart and who are answerable to the electorate than to have it in the hands of the unelected EU commissioners and our small quota of elected MEPs .
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2016, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Well one thing is for sure JBR, neither the USA or the EU will be doing anything for the benefit of this country and I would rather entrust the running of it to our elected government some of whom have our interests at heart and who are answerable to the electorate than to have it in the hands of the unelected EU commissioners and our small quota of elected MEPs .
Hi

Now, now Meg.

We had that nice Mr Mandelson , oops, sorry, now Baron Mandelson, fighting on our behalf as EU Commissioner for Trade for a few years.

He wants us to stay in Europe, and he knows about such things, he tells us he knows about them.

I do not believe for one minute that he is in any way influenced by his £31,000 a year pension from the EU he will get when he hits 65.

I do not believe it even though that Pension is dependent upon a condition that he remains committed to the EU.

I am sure that he would never let losing that £31k a year cloud his judgement in any way.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2016, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Now, now Meg.

We had that nice Mr Mandelson , oops, sorry, now Baron Mandelson, fighting on our behalf as EU Commissioner for Trade for a few years.

He wants us to stay in Europe, and he knows about such things, he tells us he knows about them.

I do not believe for one minute that he is in any way influenced by his £31,000 a year pension from the EU he will get when he hits 65.

I do not believe it even though that Pension is dependent upon a condition that he remains committed to the EU.

I am sure that he would never let losing that £31k a year cloud his judgement in any way.
Ah yes, Labour supporter Mr Mandelson champion of the poor, friend to Russian oligarch's .
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2016, 09:06 PM

Yes, it's quite difficult to pick out the honest politicians, isn't it?

Are there any?
Butterfly2013
Canada
Butterfly2013 is female  Butterfly2013 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2016, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
Yup, the creepy US President has decided to stick his nose into our affairs.
This after he made a mess of his.
He should keep his flipping nose OUT of our business.
End of!

EU referendum: Barack Obama to urge Britons to back remain vote on UK visit.
Barack Obama will jet into the UK next month and use his star power to convince Britons they should vote to stay in the European Union.

Exclusive: Prospect of intervention is major coup for the pro-EU campaign, but has prompted fury from Brexiteers.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a6927731.html
All politicians "stick their nose" at one time or another, I think President Obama is just giving his opinion and I doubt what he says will change any of your minds.
macleod
New Member!
edinburgh scotland
macleod is female 

26-03-2016, 12:32 PM

As I say; How dare he (Obama), just who does he think he is to pass judgement or offer advice to the people of this country on how to run our own internal affairs, one wonders what would be the reception of any british politicians advice on the presidential candidate voting going on at the moment, One must say a typical American idea that they rule the world.. !!!!!

Exclusive: Prospect of intervention is major coup for the pro-EU campaign, but has prompted fury from Brexiteers.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a6927731.html[/QUOTE]
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2016, 12:38 PM

Yes, it's quite difficult to pick out the honest politicians, isn't it?

Are there any?
NO!...
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

26-03-2016, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
NO!...
Well...

there's our Nigel!
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2016, 01:36 PM

Well...

there's our Nigel!
True,

I have a lot of time for the guy tbh,,

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top