Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2016, 12:25 PM

Re: My MP Owen Paterson

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Finally sinking in?

I do not and never have had any time for the extremists be they extreme left or extreme right.

I am an extremist myself I suppose, an extreme moderate.

Simple view, you work for a living, pay your taxes and make sure those taxes go to those who cannot work, not those who choose not to.
That is my philosophy too Swimfeeder.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2016, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
That is my philosophy too Swimfeeder.
And me too Alan
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2016, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I didn't start this thread for it to descend yet again into insults and personal criticisms.

I am very disappointed that it has.

I may start one on Pansies or Violas?

That is the choice I have today in my garden.

The way things are, no doubt someone will get upset about that as well.

No criticism of you Meg, you have a job to do.
Apologies Gibbs I have requested another Mod removes the OT posts to the Trash Can .
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2016, 02:28 PM

Just a thought here ...

Instead of a certain person always just trashing the government with caustic oneliners in true spamming style would it better if instead he told us what is so good good about the opposition , the nasty snotbag party?
Who knows he might win me over as I'm not allied to any particular party.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2016, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Just a thought here ...

Instead of a certain person always just trashing the government with caustic oneliners in true spamming style would it better if instead he told us what is so good good about the opposition , the nasty snotbag party?
Who knows he might win me over as I'm not allied to any particular party.

Makes two of us then!!!

Ok you want some answers - here goes:

1. I want abolition of the House of Lords to be replaced with directly elected second chamber.

2. I want abolition of the Monarchy to be replaced with a directly elected President

3. I want reform of the House of Commons arcane and archaic procedures.

4. I want ALL MPs to be full time and banned from taking on other work during their term of office. They should also be banned from taking on any work allied to their term of office for a further TWO YEARS beyond the end of their term of office.

5. Ditto Civil Servants - they are to be bannned from taking on any role associated with their duties as civil servants for two years beyond the end of their contract. Thus ending the revolving door between public duty and private business.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2016, 03:01 PM

**** Please note some posts have been removed to the Trash Can.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

14-03-2016, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Ahhhh its finally sinking in - just how ridiculous these 'nasty party' members are. I have to ask though, just what planet does he live on???

He'd get very short shrift from me and would be wearing my walking stick in a very uncomfortable and painful place and would be left with a pronounced limp.
Ok you want some answers - here goes:

1. I want

2. I want

3. I want

4. I want
That says it all really doesn't it 'I want' this country is full of people who say I want not what can I give
that sounds like a member of the nasty scumbag party to me
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2016, 03:20 PM

It's not quite what I was expecting... a personal manifesto.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2016, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
That says it all really doesn't it 'I want' this country is full of people who say I want not what can I give
that sounds like a member of the nasty scumbag party to me

Oh so you're going to absent yourself from the forum whilst you volunteer for Owen Paterson's idea of fruit picking - good luck with that!!!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

14-03-2016, 03:34 PM

Oh so you're going to absent yourself from the forum whilst you volunteer for Owen Paterson's idea of fruit picking - good luck with that!!!
If I had to I would, no problem. What would you do to actually help your country UJ .

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top