Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2016, 03:51 PM

Re: My MP Owen Paterson

Originally Posted by Meg ->
If I had to I would, no problem. What would you do to actually help your country UJ .
I already do, as I have done for the past 40+ years - I help by providing advice, assistance and representation at Social Security Office interviews, and represent claimants if they need to lodge appeals to the Independent Tribunal Service hearings.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2016, 03:56 PM

I must say I dont like Owen Paterson.
He was the man who started the Badger culls.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2016, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I must say I dont like Owen Paterson.
He was the man who started the Badger culls.
Hi

A great supporter of Fox Hunting as well.

Whilst I do not admire his Politics, he is an intelligent man, also a very impressive Orator when he wants.

He is very critical of Cameron and the Referendum.

He is of the opinion that what we should have done is to invoke Article 50 first, then negotiated with the EU on a Trade Deal , Sovereignty etc and then held the Referendum.

I agree with him on that one.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2016, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
I already do, as I have done for the past 40+ years - I help by providing advice, assistance and representation at Social Security Office interviews, and represent claimants if they need to lodge appeals to the Independent Tribunal Service hearings.
Originally Posted by Meg ->
If I had to I would, no problem. What would you do to actually help your country UJ .
I said what would you do so I can take it not a lot then.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2016, 04:25 PM

Paterson has made a statement...
Monday, 14 March, 2016
Statement from the Rt Hon Owen Paterson MP
Recent press reports about the Seasonal Agricultural Workers Scheme, leaked from a Cabinet subcommittee, are grossly inaccurate.

I was a strong supporter of this particular scheme, which gave a quota of 21,250 temporary job opportunities to Bulgarian and Romanian seasonal workers. They were provided with good accommodation and catering. These skilled workers were employed where there was a specific demand for their labour and they left to return home at the end of each season.

The horticulture industry was extremely keen to continue the scheme, or something similar, when transitional controls ended on 1 January 2014, allowing free access to the UK for Bulgarian and Romanian citizens. The industry was angry at the end of the scheme as they had an urgent need for skilled temporary labour.

The industry proposed various options, which were discussed with a number of Cabinet colleagues including the possibility of extending the scheme to non-EU countries and that young UK unemployed should be encouraged to sign up through workfare schemes with horticultural businesses. Developing and improving technology to reduce the need for seasonal labour was a longer term option.

Some in the industry suggested reviving the practise of city dwellers, including pensioners, taking paid holidays during the fruit-picking season. There was absolutely no suggestion that any of these ideas would have been anything but voluntary. They asked that insurance and employment legislation should be investigated. After investigation, this idea came to nothing.
http://www.owenpaterson.org/
IB It seems what was proposed was voluntary working/ paid holidays and I don't have a problem with that

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top