Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2016, 09:10 AM

Re: Bye Bye IDS

I agree Nom, someone said last night that the Universal Benefits they are introducing are such a shambles that he's left before the s*** hits the fan.
I believe he's saying he's left because he thinks the cuts to disabled are unfair to put himself in a good light.
But some of remember how he's behaved with regards that in the past and seeing the glee on his face when cuts were announced.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2016, 09:35 AM

I for one am rather suspicious of this but, if it's genuine then there's hope that Cameron's house of cards is crumbling and his party is finally getting a conscience and the rank & file are getting the guts to say This is Wrong!

Dare I hope for a new breed of MPs that put the people that voted them in FIRST yet or is that too optimistic?!

When a certain party started saying they were the party of Big Business loyal party supporters left in droves.

Perhaps this is the Tories' Armageddon, the end of times. stevmk2
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2016, 09:49 AM

Hi

The present system of benefits is a shambles, it is so complicated that many miss out, whilst some are overpaid, it is also wide open to fraud, particularly by organised criminal gangs.

It needs reform, it is far too complicated and costs a fortune to administer.

I don't have a problem with Universal Credit, it is the sensible thing to do, simpler, cheaper and more readily accessible.

However, it's introduction has been a shambles, primarily down to the IT Systems, they are years behind and vastly more expensive.

No Government, of whichever flavour has successfully managed a the introduction of a major IT System, it is a national disgrace.

The contracts are let out on a cost plus basis, mostly to foreign companies, and we are charged, or rather overcharged, a fortune.

Many of them are just scrapped altogether at huge cost.

Why the hell should we be paying IT Consultants £1200 a day for something that does not work?

Outsourcing these projects is a Whitehall favourite, if it goes wrong, just blame the Contractor, plausible deniability, the Blame Game, which costs us, the Taxpayers, £Billions.

It needs to stop.

The amount of waste is horrific.

The biggest wasters of money on IT systems are the NHS and the MoD.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2016, 10:39 AM

I had to laugh at someone on FB who posted, "Has he had a visit from three ghosts in the night?"
moreover
North Wales, UK
moreover is female  moreover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2016, 11:09 AM

It's taken him long enough to decide it's wrong to take from the poor and disabled and give it to the richest 1%. He's a politician! This is strategy. This government is very unpopular, even with many Tories. It is bringing the whole Conservative party into disrepute and there are big splits. It's a long way to the next election and Corbyn is now beating them in the polls and there is such a thing as a 'vote of no confidence' which could bring them down and force another.
EDS is a senior, long serving figure, who has put his time in, so he has little to lose by putting himself forward as the sacrificial lamb to stop the rot and get the party back into public favour. He hasn't just decided, off his own bat, to step in, like Horatious at the bridge to hold off the ravening Etruscan army. There will be others behind him, eager to trample Cameron and Osborne under foot when they fall and emerge. triumphant, as heroes, champions of the poor and saviours of the Conservative Party.

This is Politics, folks.
Caro
At Home In The UK
Caro is female  Caro has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2016, 11:38 AM

I'm personally pleased he has gone...

Cameron next (fingers crossed)

Vote of no confidence ?... Osborne too ?
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2016, 12:57 PM

My personal opinion is that……

Anybody or anything that shows up the two madmen in charge of this country for the two b…...s that they truly are, can only be for the good.

Regardless of his motive for leaving (and if nothing else, it is of great credit to him that he has fallen on his sword) IDS knew this was the time to go because he must have known that Dumb and Dumber were preparing to punish him for backing the Brexit team by making him the fall-guy for the disgusting and disgraceful cutting of disablement benefits whilst at the same time rewarding those at the top with tax cuts.
They may well have kicked the plan into the long grass now at the last minute, but this is solely due to the fact MP’s of all parties would never have allowed it to be passed,
What galls me though is the thought that they could ever have even contemplated such a move,, never mind putting it into the budget, But there we are, it tells us in a thousand ways the type of Politicians that are in place today.

What sort of society are we living in?

Unfortunately, there is no opposition party worthy of running this country either.
As long as Jeremy is in charge of Labour, they are a lost cause. Who the hell wants to replace Dumb and Dumber with an old Trot and his sidekick who have stated openly that they are committed Europhiles so would just carry on Dumb and Dumber's schedule of giving our sovereignty away to the EU, have said that Immigration is good for our country and would open our borders wide for the world and it’s wife to come in, Thinks it is okay to pour a pot of tea for terrorist leaders who wish only to see every last one of us dead! And of course
put all of our nuclear submarines to sea but without arming them !!!!!!

God help us, there is absolutely nowhere to turn to.

My one wish for my children, my grandchildren and the generations that follow them is that we one day have a newly formed party worthy of being in office. One that will truly represent the people of this country and act upon it’s majority wishes. Politicians from all walks of life, not just Public School wallahs, but men and women who have actually done a hard day’s work for a day’s pay, before going into politics, and knowing that any decisions they make on our behalf are those that if still working or once claiming benefits, how it would have affected themselves if they were still in their jobs or having to claim.

Once upon a long time ago, one could have said that about Labour. Now all we have are Tory and Labour clones of each other.

We have all heard of “No Taxation without Representation”. We put Dumb and Dumber there to represent us, The Opposition party are on the same footpath. Between them they are (or would be) systematically destroying the very social fabric of British society as we have always known it, and we seem powerless to stop them.

It’s a despairing thought
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2016, 01:02 PM

Very well put shropshiregirl.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2016, 01:13 PM

I must be the only one who's thinking he's assessing his own career prospects ..over the horizon.

With all the speculation over Cameron's future as PM after the referendum .. and with Boris Johnson indirectly already promoting himself as a candidate for replacement, I think IDS is doing the same.
He's taking a gamble. He's trying to gain credit with the public both with those who are angry at the cuts .. and those who want Brexit .. and those who are generally hacked off with Cameron.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2016, 01:51 PM

Hi

Well if IDS is positioning himself for the future, he is delusional.

He has been PM once, it was a disaster, he won't be there again.

Talking about Boris, he has an opinion on everything and has not been out of the news,

Strange that he should have not said anything about this.

Boris is positioning himself most definitely.

His friends the Quataris are pulling his strings.

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top